PDA

View Full Version : Forget Health & safety UK, Sweden have more fun!

Halcyon
18-12-2010, 12:03
With so many health and safety laws in the UK, I doubt this would ever happen here.
In Sweden however, they have more fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85FxLsHU8us

iFrankie
18-12-2010, 12:10
That does look fun!, they would moan here about wasting aircraft time haha.

Sirius
18-12-2010, 12:15

Indeed, I think sometimes we have lost the ability to have fun like that.

Taf
18-12-2010, 12:23
Afterburners ON!!!

Halcyon
18-12-2010, 12:32
I'd laugh if they took off and the kids were hanging on to their sledge in the air.... Awesome!

Flyboy
18-12-2010, 12:39
I don't think they were kids.

The military used to be exempt from H&S legislation, I wonder if that is still the case. I have seen similar things at the movies, I don't see the HSE frowning too much.

Sirius
18-12-2010, 12:41
I don't think they were kids.

The military used to be exempt from H&S legislation, I wonder if that is still the case. I have seen similar things at the movies, I don't see the HSE frowning too much.

The military are no longer exempt.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/services/armedforces/interaction.htm

An inspection protocol, the MOD HSE General Agreement, sets out how HSE and MOD interact. Effectively, HSE has full access to all of MOD’s sites and activities in GB. A parallel agreement operates with the USAF (the US Visiting Forces Agreement), but allows a lesser degree of access. Both these Agreements can be found in Chapter 8[1] of Volume 1 of the MOD’s Health and Safety Handbook. In parallel with the Fire and Police services, HSE recognises the need to balance risk and realism in training (and operations) with the legal requirement to comply with health and safety legislation.

budwieser
18-12-2010, 13:06

Maybe they`ve found a new use for the now defunct Harriers! :D

Halcyon
18-12-2010, 14:53
I wish Bruntingsthorpe bought one of the Harriers and kept it in working condition.

martyh
18-12-2010, 14:56
I wish Bruntingsthorpe bought one of the Harriers and kept it in working condition.

I think it would be good if someone bought a couple and used them to take civilians up for a ride ,i would pay for a trip in one