PDA

View Full Version : Questions

trublue
26-11-2010, 17:16
I haven't a problem as such since it won't be installed until Dec 18th,but I was wondering if someone can answer these questions.

How long is the HDMI lead that comes with the HD package?I will need at least 1.5mtrs,maybe 2

How many cables are run into the house to the junction box?

Is it still pot luck on what box they give you or does it depend on what package you get?

Will be getting TV XL,20meg BB,size M phone.

Thanks

martyh
26-11-2010, 17:43
I haven't a problem as such since it won't be installed until Dec 18th,but I was wondering if someone can answer these questions.

How long is the HDMI lead that comes with the HD package?I will need at least 1.5mtrs,maybe 2

not that long ,about 300-400mm i think mine was ,it came in the post seperate

How many cables are run into the house to the junction box?

just the one cable but it is a twin cable ,my set up has the twin cable coming into the house from a brown exterior box into the white internal vm box upon exiting the white box the cable enters a splitter to feed the tv and internet ,a white telephone box is next to the white VM box

no idea on that one ,i got a new v+ box

trublue
27-11-2010, 13:37
Thanks for the info martyh.I think I'll buy a lead to be on safe side.

nodrogd
27-11-2010, 23:14
From what I've heard the HDMI lead is 1.5m.

The cabling coming into the house really depends where you need everything. If you want everything in the same room then martyh's description is correct. If however, you wanted the modem in a different part of the house to the TV STB, the external omni-box has space for a splitter and cables can be run externally. At every point the cable enters the house an internal box with an isolator should be installed. The master phone socket can also be placed separately.

If you having a standard V box, the new Cisco kit seems to be the norm, and for V+ the Samsung. It entirely depends what the installer has in his van at the time.

trublue
28-11-2010, 16:35
Many thanks for the reply nodrogd.That will will probably just do,I think I'll have to get my tape measure out to be sure:)I guess I'll just have to see what V+ box I get,then try it out for a week or 2 and hope that it's ok.