PDA

View Full Version : [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

Ravenheart
12-11-2010, 18:21
GT5 has another attempt at getting released on November 24th

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/11/12/gt5s-new-release-date-confirmed/

But don't hold your breath, just in case ;)

icestar2
12-11-2010, 18:47
GT5 has another attempt at getting released on November 24th

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/11/12/gt5s-new-release-date-confirmed/

But don't hold your breath, just in case ;)

Just read this in Eurogamer. Five days after NFS. Seems a bit of a crazy decision and release on a wednesday to seems a bit weird.

chris9991
12-11-2010, 19:12
Maybe they want to ship it as soon as they can - it's been delayed long enough

Graham M
12-11-2010, 20:59
Vapourware.

Ravenheart
12-11-2010, 21:04
Vapourware.

Wonder if any of the cars will be driven by Duke Nukem, ohhh wait... that's real now.. ;)

pabscars
12-11-2010, 21:24
As much as I enjoyed the previous GT series I wont be buying this unless its free with a Sunday news paper :), I played the prologue and thought utter rubbish and was really disappointed given the hype.

How long have they been promising GT5 now, about 5 years or more ?

haydnwalker
12-11-2010, 22:04
GT5 is the only reason I want a PS3. I'm really into my driving games, and the trailers look really good. I think I'll borrow my brothers PS3 and rent it when it finally appears.

Game has it listed for release on 24/11/2010 as well now.

I've got NFS:Hot Pursuit on pre-order though i'm not allowed to play it until xmas.

craigj2k12
12-11-2010, 23:36
i think this time it looks promising, actually having a delay less than 6 months or a year looks like it is actually on the way!!

Uncle Peter
21-11-2010, 16:01
Got PS3 Slim and GT5 Collectors edition on pre-order from Game :) Been reading a couple of previews from people who have managed to get hold of a copy early and it looks very promising indeed. According to IGN, PSN won't be switching the online/network function on until Wednesday for the reviewers.

icestar2
22-11-2010, 02:29
Just ordered as it is finally showing as in stock. Hopefully be playing it tuesday :)

Bluffdemon
22-11-2010, 08:06
Fingers crossed ive managed to fix my ps3 just for this game !

RealDiamond
22-11-2010, 09:35
Will be getting this after Xmass when I'll have time to take on it's massive amount of Races but have NFS HP to trade in for a discount as it's arcade racing won't last long. only just finished playing the killzone 3 beta to play NFS. don't have time for GT5 Now.

Ravenheart
22-11-2010, 09:54
C&VG have linked to a couple of GT5 gameplay video's showing a wet race and some HD cars

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=276962

Direct links

Wet race - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuq8yQ4Hx4
Infinity, London - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFfDG0DchSw

Both available in 720p on Youtube

looking impressive :)

roger skillin
22-11-2010, 10:34
Will probably go to tesco at midnight tuesday :)

Fitze73
22-11-2010, 10:42
got mine this morning :)

icestar2
22-11-2010, 11:47
Just got my Dispatched Text :)

Uncle Peter
22-11-2010, 15:19
Despatched as of this morning so knowing the post around here it'll get here sometime after Christmas!

Uncle Peter
23-11-2010, 15:42
....arrived earlier today but won't have time to play it, got relatives over. argh..

Bluffdemon
24-11-2010, 11:27
Got mine just now from the shop and installing !!!

Bluffdemon
24-11-2010, 13:45
mmmmmmmmm not really liking this game for me its lacking against forza 3 , i'll carry on to see if it gets better , but its not blown me away yet , and the racing so far has not been as good or anywhere near as good as forza

Uncle Peter
24-11-2010, 14:01
mmmmmmmmm not really liking this game for me its lacking against forza 3 , i'll carry on to see if it gets better , but its not blown me away yet , and the racing so far has not been as good or anywhere near as good as forza

Doesn't quite deliver on the hype does it? makes you wonder what Polyphony have been up to for the past 5 years.

One thing I will say though is that the car physics are a cut above anything else I've played on a console. Not liking the online play or the premium/standard car business. They might as well have not bothered putting the standard cars in at all.

And if you have a good racing wheel, now is the time to use it.

roger skillin
24-11-2010, 14:37
I brought mine this morning from Tesco and had to buy something from PC World for work at lunch and they gave me a voucher to buy GT5 for £18.99 grrrrrr

Stephen
24-11-2010, 15:34
How much was it from Tesco?

Changed thread title to something more suitable

icestar2
24-11-2010, 15:37
I felt the same when I first starting playing it but I decided to stick with it and now I'm really, really enjoying it. Just took me a little time to adjust. Gotta remember this is not an arcade style racer to its a driving sim. I still think the development time was a complete joke though.

Uncle Peter
24-11-2010, 16:02
I felt the same when I first starting playing it but I decided to stick with it and now I'm really, really enjoying it. Just took me a little time to adjust. Gotta remember this is not an arcade style racer to its a driving sim. I still think the development time was a complete joke though.

Yeah I believe that you unlock the damage a bit later on for example. I guess the important thing is that they've got it out and it does what it says on the tin, as you say it's as close to simulation (which Forza is not) as I've seen on any console once you've reduced the driving aids of course :)

I certainly hope that they'll be working hard on improving the things that need to be improved such as online matchmaking and the selection of premium cars (more please).

Not tried it with the G25 yet but I hope it works despite not being listed in the controller setup menu.

roger skillin
24-11-2010, 17:00
how much was it from tesco?

changed thread title to something more suitable

£35.90

Stephen
24-11-2010, 17:07
£35.90
Cheers, will be off to pick up a copy after work :)

Hope they have some left.

Bluffdemon
25-11-2010, 08:56
I just hope they don't go mad with DLC as i feel it would be an insult to gamers who waited for this game and for the lack of some features .

roger skillin
25-11-2010, 09:11
Cheers, will be off to pick up a copy after work :)

Hope they have some left.

No Probs, i'm sure they'll have some, i was surprised by how many they had in stock when i brought it

Bluffdemon
25-11-2010, 09:12
http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/4724/sony-more-damage-features-coming-to-gt5

Mmmm don't you think this should have been included in the release , i am not trying to bash this game , i am trying to like it more than i do at the moment but its becoming a bit of a let down for me

Ravenheart
25-11-2010, 12:13
Whadda ya mean the fiat 500 isn't ideal for driving up the Eiger? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg9LipFU6ek

Originally posted on C&VG :)

icestar2
25-11-2010, 12:47
I just hope they don't go mad with DLC as i feel it would be an insult to gamers who waited for this game and for the lack of some features .

Unfortunatly thats become an all to common feature of games of this generation. I don't mind when its new content created after the game and released but in a fair amount of cases you can see its content that was done and then pulled to be released later on to draw more money from people. Maybe thats just the cynic in me but I've felt this before in a couple of games.

Bluffdemon
25-11-2010, 13:04
Unfortunatly thats become an all to common feature of games of this generation. I don't mind when its new content created after the game and released but in a fair amount of cases you can see its content that was done and then pulled to be released later on to draw more money from people. Maybe thats just the cynic in me but I've felt this before in a couple of games.

I 100% agree , ive seen far to many games where you know they have done that and its not on at all , fable III was a bit cheeky , wanting you to buy the dog suit everytime you went to the sanctuary or whatever it was called , and to be fair they should have fixed the dam game first before they started on the DLC , sony could go mad with GT5 and offer more quality cars that you know should have been in the game already , anyway i am off to see if i can get into more of this GT5

;)

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Whadda ya mean the fiat 500 isn't ideal for driving up the Eiger? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg9LipFU6ek

Originally posted on C&VG :)

hahaha yeah saw that on the tube the other day bit of a fail there lol

Uncle Peter
25-11-2010, 13:22
I don't think they've actually finished the game in terms of initial expectations and you think that after 5 years it would be. The fundamental issue is the lack of classification system in online races, surely this is just something they couldn't get in for release as opposed to a design flaw. The damage system has already been mentioned by Yamouchi in a tweet saying that there will be another patch at a later date to enhance this.

Then there's the more superficial and less important thing which will annoy the GT completists: can't upgrade brakes on every car, can't change wheels on standard models - both things you could do in all of the previous games.

D_Skids
25-11-2010, 13:22
I haven't got it yet but a friend of mine got it and said as soon as he put it in it needed an update!

I find it funny that with the time it took to be released they clearly still hadn't got it ironed out in time for release.

At least they can be patched after buying.

Ravenheart
25-11-2010, 18:45
Apparently GT5 will be getting another patch at the weekend to address some of the multiplayer issues

Gran Turismo 5 will get updated this weekend

"We received a lot of demands for having more regulations placed on the online play," creator Kazunori Yamauchi told EuroGamer at the game's launch in Madrid.

Source: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/4732/gran-turismo-5-patch-coming-saturday

haydnwalker
25-11-2010, 19:58
My work mate got it today so ill be getting the low-down tomorrow as we are both really into forza3

Bluffdemon
26-11-2010, 12:50
" what a difference a day makes "

been playing it this morning again and really started to enjoy it now , had a time trial with a zonda in the wet and omg it was fun , then went onto trying some of the Kart racing , alot of fun indeed , love the handling mrs ruined it asking me to make some dinner otherwise i still be racing , the game is slowly starting to come out of its shell and open up !!

Uncle Peter
27-11-2010, 23:10
Haven't tried the online since the patch was applied earlier but I've been having too much of a buzz in single player. The Nordschleife is awesome: narrow, bumpy and very scary and on the full lap AMG challenge with the gullwing Merc you get all kinds of Sunday driver traffic getting in your way while you're trying to give it some beans, just like the real thing :D absolutely brilliant.

cimt
27-11-2010, 23:23
I assume Nordschleife is Nurbergring(sp?)? I went round that on Forza and it's an awesome track. Is it a lot better than Forza race wise? Cause as good as that game is, it's all track based whereas with GT5 you have all these different types of races...

Uncle Peter
27-11-2010, 23:48
I assume Nordschleife is Nurbergring(sp?)? I went round that on Forza and it's an awesome track. Is it a lot better than Forza race wise? Cause as good as that game is, it's all track based whereas with GT5 you have all these different types of races...

It is yes, the 13 mile version of the complex. Used for touring/GT car races, testing or you can drive around it yourself on public days and even be driven around in a Dodge Viper by a professional racing driver if you have a change of underpants handy ;)

I have driven it myself and the GT5 version of the circuit is by far the most realistic and detailed I've seen. Forza version doesn't hold a candle to it.

roger skillin
28-11-2010, 00:38
I'm so loving this game, i havn't tried the online part yet but for a good long while i don't think i'll even get around to it as there is just so much stuff in this game, it's more like 5 games in one, the graphics are amazing the gameplay is second to none, it was worth the wait, if i didn't already have a PS3 then i would have brought one just for this, in fact 2 of my friends have done just that

haydnwalker
28-11-2010, 12:31
I would also be getting a PS3 for GT5 if the mrs would let me get yet another console :(

Uncle Peter
28-11-2010, 14:08
I would also be getting a PS3 for GT5 if the mrs would let me get yet another console :(

Have you tried the Blu Ray player excuse or do you already have one?

haydnwalker
28-11-2010, 16:17
Have you tried the Blu Ray player excuse or do you already have one?

Not used that excuse...but neither of us watch many films anyway - so I doubt that would work. Especially now BD-players have come down in price.

icestar2
28-11-2010, 19:29
I know a couple people now that have felt the same as me. A bit underwhelmed when first playing it but now loving it. I can't pin-point what it is but it seems to take a bit of time to really start enjoying the game.

I've now Golded everything in Beginner series and amateur series. On to the Pro's :)

Like Uncle Peter I'm not even considering the Online atm. I'm enjoying the SP far to much.

Ravenheart
29-11-2010, 08:10
I'm going to have to pick GT5 up by the look of it :)

Bluffdemon
29-11-2010, 09:23
I am gonna be a bit naughty today and get all my work done before dinner time then i'll have a couple of hours racing this afternoon :-P

chris9991
29-11-2010, 09:55
I quite like driving round the Top Gear track

Stephen
29-11-2010, 10:15
I only started playing last night but am enjoying it already.

Really liking the Kart racing as well.

Don't like that first Top gear track race with the campervans! They are so slow and I can't seem to do better than 7th place either.

Fitze73
29-11-2010, 18:07
i still havent installed mine yet , been too busy with the black friday deals at amazon last week made over £600 in profit lol, even got a £50 xbox 360 lol

icestar2
29-11-2010, 18:56
i still havent installed mine yet , been too busy with the black friday deals at amazon last week made over £600 in profit lol, even got a £50 xbox 360 lol

Gotta say the people who did that kind of annoyed me. I was trying to get a new Xbox but it was a complete joke. They should of had some kind of lottery system with the chance to buy at deal price so everyone had a fair chance.

Fitze73
29-11-2010, 19:05
ye but like they said first come first served they had 1,000 units on hand for 9.01pm on friday i was just one of the lucky ones , this is ther first time its been used in this country and tbh , the US & french amazon sites had by far the better deals with far more lightning deals and much better discounts next year should be a lot better and much improved

icestar2
29-11-2010, 19:11
ye but like they said first come first served they had 1,000 units on hand for 9.01pm on friday i was just one of the lucky ones , this is ther first time its been used in this country and tbh , the US & french amazon sites had by far the better deals with far more lightning deals and much better discounts next year should be a lot better and much improved

But thats the problem it wasn't first come first servered unfortunatly. There's mutiple factors to take into account when doing something like this online. Tbh I'm just venting because I really wanted one lol. I do hope its much improved next year though :)

roger skillin
30-11-2010, 09:27
Don't like that first Top gear track race with the campervans! They are so slow and I can't seem to do better than 7th place either.

No that really annoyed me too, i was in second place and just cut the very last corner too much and got disqualified, sorry but that doesn't happen in normal racing unless you gain from it :p
Gave up with that one after that lol

Uncle Peter
30-11-2010, 11:24
Try doing the intermediate Top Gear challenge in the Elise 111 with skid assistance turned off. I'm sure they have them running on remoulds.

icestar2
30-11-2010, 13:38
I couldn't place very well on the Top gear test track with the campervans either. Was disqualified about 5-6 times. On my last try I came 7th and gave up :(

I've golded both the beginner and intermediate kart racing though :)

gazzae
01-12-2010, 11:55
could you use a logitech wheel on your knee or do you really need some sort of table to put it on?

Bluffdemon
01-12-2010, 13:24
Had some fantastic online kart races this morning , great stuff !!

haydnwalker
01-12-2010, 14:21
could you use a logitech wheel on your knee or do you really need some sort of table to put it on?

They aren't great on knees...tables are much better as more stable (especially if its forcefeedback).

haydnwalker
30-12-2010, 10:17
Got my PS3 finally after bugging the hell out of the mrs :) GT5 is currently the played game :)

I'm not great at the moment, currently running a Mazda MX-5 with approx 180bhp.

and by some miracle managed to take 3rd place on the Topgear Test Track race with the VW Typ2 Campers :)

pabscars
30-12-2010, 10:54
I must confess to that since Christmas day I've not been on anything else, and the more I play it the more I like it. Although now I'm stuck on how to acquire the pick up truck.

The go carts are good fun and a wee bit tail happy :), I gave up on the top gear test track I couldn't get past about 4/5th place I think.

For a laugh I bought a 2CV and spent a fortune maxing it up only to find it was still a snail, although I did get an achievement for it :)

Good game with a lot of detail and thought put into it.

Uncle Peter
30-12-2010, 12:06
I must confess to that since Christmas day I've not been on anything else, and the more I play it the more I like it. Although now I'm stuck on how to acquire the pick up truck.

The go carts are good fun and a wee bit tail happy :), I gave up on the top gear test track I couldn't get past about 4/5th place I think.

For a laugh I bought a 2CV and spent a fortune maxing it up only to find it was still a snail, although I did get an achievement for it :)

Have a look in the collectors dealership. It's one of the small icons runnning down the left of the GT Life screen. You might find they have a Tacoma X-Runner for sale.

cimt
30-12-2010, 12:14
Yeah, you gotta be lucky to find some cars. Also, am I the only one who must spend close to 100k doing up a car for very little profit? Then again I get no profit at all. I'm also stuck on the second Top Gear Challenge. Those Elise's are way to easy to spin out. I struggle to do a single lap, never mind 2.

haydnwalker
30-12-2010, 15:33
I'm also stuck on the second Top Gear Challenge. Those Elise's are way to easy to spin out. I struggle to do a single lap, never mind 2.

I'm stuck on the same TG challenge cimt. I haven't tried this yet but - I'm going to put the "Active Steering" thing on Strong, to see if it helps out with the spinning out. Also, I've found that if other competitors hit you hard enough they DNQ you because of the contact...which isn't fair as you didn't hit them!

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

Also, am I the only one who must spend close to 100k doing up a car for very little profit?

I've given up doing that (I used to do it on GT4 on the PS2) and I'm just maxing out cars I know I'll keep.

I don't know what to buy though at the moment, my MX-5 is nicely Balanced but its just not quick enough against the 350Zs etc.

cimt
30-12-2010, 15:34
I had that happen to me in the camper van one. We were on a straight and he turned into me and I got DNQ, it was proper annoying cos I think I was in 2nd at the time.

EDIT; the thing with cars though is that some of the events that need certain cars. You'll buy a car and do it up abit and find out its too slow so you gotta put loadsa money into it.

icestar2
30-12-2010, 17:38
EDIT; the thing with cars though is that some of the events that need certain cars. You'll buy a car and do it up abit and find out its too slow so you gotta put loadsa money into it.

Yeah that can be annoying but to make sure your not wasting money on a car that wont hold up have a look at the typical vechicles button next to each event. It will list the model and power of your opponents vechicles from most powerful to least. Then go buy a car of the same or more power and you won't waste as much money doing them up or buying a dud.

Thats what I've been doing atm anyway. Am only on the Pro races now but its starting to become much harder to win and I don't have the cash to buy the more powerful cars. Having to settle for placing lower and building up my cash to buy some better cars.

Fitze73
30-12-2010, 17:43
ive still yet to even play it might get round to it next year lol :)

Stephen
30-12-2010, 19:11
I already bought the game on release however GAME have the £150 signature edition in their sale for £49.98 and at that price I could not resist ording it. I can easily trade the normal edition in and get another game for Kinect :-) thats over £100 off!

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Racing-Car/Gran-Turismo-5-Signature-Edition/~r350854/?s=Gran+Turismo

pabscars
30-12-2010, 21:57
Have a look in the collectors dealership. It's one of the small icons runnning down the left of the GT Life screen. You might find they have a Tacoma X-Runner for sale.

Will have a look in a mo, just busy atm doing the Grand Turismo Challenge in my beast of Challenger SRT8 '08, this car woops just about anything in a strait line.

Thanks for the heads up :)

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

Just won the Bugatti Veyron shhhhhwwwwweeeeeeeet.

Had a look for the Tacoma X-Running but its not there, ,,,,,,,, bummer :(

I will keep looking around to see what I can find

pabscars
31-12-2010, 14:04
Yeah, you gotta be lucky to find some cars. Also, am I the only one who must spend close to 100k doing up a car for very little profit? Then again I get no profit at all. I'm also stuck on the second Top Gear Challenge. Those Elise's are way to easy to spin out. I struggle to do a single lap, never mind 2.

I managed to get gold on the first and second top gear test track, I must have driven those lotus elise's close to 100 laps before I nailed one sweet one.

I did it on the strong setting with a fair bit of traction control on. I'm not able to try the 3rd challenge yet but I would imagine its gonna be pretty difficult.

Really enjoying it atm

haydnwalker
31-12-2010, 14:11
I did it on the strong setting with a fair bit of traction control on.

Hint... Well and truely Taken! They were really getting me annoyed :(

SimpleSimon
31-12-2010, 14:11

If I remember correctly you get a pick up truck for completing one of the International Licenses (I think it was A license)

Uncle Peter
31-12-2010, 14:15
If I remember correctly you get a pick up truck for completing one of the International Licenses (I think it was A license)

Yes you get a Dodge RAM

haydnwalker
31-12-2010, 14:17
I'm only on International B :(

Stephen
01-01-2011, 16:54
My signature edition is in the mail :-) I love collectors edition and this one is a cracker.

pabscars
04-01-2011, 09:17
I managed to get gold on all the top gear test track events and I've now got my pick up so thanks to all for that, plus just 2 more races to complete then all the licenses are in the bag, and close to a million quid in the bank.

Touched on the multiplayer last night, and got subsequently owned due to my inexperience :).

This game is truly epic and apart from it causing a little friction with Mrs Pabs, due to the fact I've not been off it since Christmas day, I see no reason why I wont still be playing it in 12 months time :)

If anyone needs any help getting the Gold's on any top gear test tracks let me know ;)

haydnwalker
04-01-2011, 10:28
I'm still stuck on the Intermediate Top Gear Track race (with the Elises) and the Active Steering doesn't seem to do anything...

craigj2k12
04-01-2011, 10:38
I'm still stuck on the Intermediate Top Gear Track race (with the Elises) and the Active Steering doesn't seem to do anything...

i had traction control on 5, abs on 1, everything else off and got gold, the trick is to use the analogue sticks to brack and accelerate, but only pull it half way down to brake, dont slam the brakes on else you spin, and out of corners, half accelerate, untill your going straight then floor it, it took me about 8 or 9 attempts but got there in the end :) hope this helps

haydnwalker
04-01-2011, 10:40
Thanks,

I had tried various permiatations of the TCS/ABS etc but couldn't get it spot on. I use the L2/R2 Analog triggers as acceleration/brake as my hands are too big to use the analog sticks for both steering and acceleration/brake :) plus its how the X360 is for Forza :)

pabscars
04-01-2011, 11:03

Ok first tip enter the first left hander on the inside (of car 1) and drift under braking to take the outside line (pass 2 cars in the process)

Second tip, once you've got past the first 2 cars keep it nailed and burst through the cones at the first chicane (approaching Chicago) taking care not to clip the back end of the 3rd braking Lotus.

At this point you can over take another 2 to 3 cars before braking for the hairpin right. When exiting the hairpin (Chicago) its important not to drift the back end out as this looses valuable momentum into the next strait.

Keep it nailed upto the hammerhead and you can pass (under braking) at least another 2 to 3 cars. You can also get away with bursting through some of the cones if you over run under braking.

The follow through can be a bit tricky and needs a careful approach, I couldn't manage it flat out but you need to keep as much momentum as possible then keep it flat out in order to chase down the remaining cars.

See how you go from there ;)

haydnwalker
04-01-2011, 11:45
Cheers pabs :) Will seriously have a go at that, it seems to be the Follow-Through that unsettles the car the most so I end up chickening out (as clarkson puts it) and braking into it slightly and so the loss of momentum must be messing me up

Stephen
04-01-2011, 11:51
I still can't even complete the first Top Gear track with the silly VW camper vans.

haydnwalker
04-01-2011, 11:58
I still can't even complete the first Top Gear track with the silly VW camper vans.

You need to do ALOT of slipstreaming, and not braking too hard (remember you're only doing about 60mph max) but the gas is always flatout :)

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

It took me about 12 goes at them

pabscars
04-01-2011, 11:59

The biggest tip I can give you there is

1. Draft like mad
2. Avoid hitting the rev limiter, hold it 1 mph lower so it doesn't kick in and you can gain momentum on your prey :D
3. Getting cleanly through Chicago and Hammerhead are pivotal

Stephen
04-01-2011, 12:02
I have come close a few time but end up sliding off the track.

There is no need for that penalty on those challenges, its just plain daft.

Cheers for the advice guys. Will try again tonight.

pabscars
25-01-2011, 14:57
I completed one of the endurance events, comprising of 200 laps of the indy 500 track last night, god give me strength, my eyes are like ****** holes in the snow today :)

However all my hard work did not go unrewarded, I received a nice car for my troubles, a 20 million squid shaguar convertible,

Yeah baby,,,,,,,,,,,

The biggest tip I can give to earn wonga and fast is, do the seasonal events but just the races mind because the drift challenges are solid and a waste of time.

If you don't have the correct car for each event, get one of your friends to send it too you, do the race in question, then give it back.

I got about 5 mill in just over an hour doing this.

Did I already say this is an EPIC game, I cant remember ;) :)

haydnwalker
25-01-2011, 16:35
Nice One! I'm just doing the professional events at the moment.

haydnwalker
04-03-2011, 16:07
Well... I've FINALLY did the Topgear Track race with the Lotuses, and as of last week, I have my International S License.

That topgear track was a killer. I'm now stuck on the final Go-Kart advanced race...somehow I just can't make the correct position!

pabscars
04-03-2011, 17:16
Well... I've FINALLY did the Topgear Track race with the Lotuses, and as of last week, I have my International S License.

That topgear track was a killer. I'm now stuck on the final Go-Kart advanced race...somehow I just can't make the correct position!

The only real tips I can give you there haydn is try different views, I think I used the one where you can just see the front wheels of the cart, have your game volume loud enough so you can hear when the tyres are starting to let go (grip wise) and then you know when to back off the throttle a little.

I found changing the view made all the difference because when I was using the behind the go-cart view, I kept spinning out as I couldn't hear when the tyres were loosing grip.

Also (as I'm sure your aware) drafting gives you a massive speed boost, which if used correctly at the start into the first corner, can see you leap frog right up to the front of the field.

Finally once your in the lead, drive defensively and block the path of any drivers trying to overtake.

Have fun :)

haydnwalker
04-03-2011, 19:30
Cheers pabs.... I think I'm taking the wrong line, but will try the alternative views :)

piquet41
07-03-2011, 21:01
Hi guys, i've been playing GT5 now for it seem like ages.

I've managed to get all my licenses on gold bar 1..... forget which license it is in but, its the one with the cones..... so frustrated i must have spent hours trying that one alone, only because i have all the others, all with using a standard wireless controller.

I'm now on level 30. If any of you have reached this level yet, go into the special events and try the "Sebatian Vetel challange", fast is not the word, try playing the demo it will..... I'll let you decide.

On the endurance races I've done the first 5. I certainly won't be doing the 2 24hr races, my original PS3 will probably die lol!.

I've also managed to complete all the challenges i have done so far on gold except one.... it's in the professional series, the "Nascar Challenge". I can't get gold in that if my life depended on it. So frustrating.

Cracking game though.

pabscars
07-03-2011, 21:32
The Sebastian Vetel Challenge is,,, in a word,,,, insane..

I tried it repeatedly till my eyes were watering so bad I couldn't continue,,,, I gave it up as a bad job in the end,,, its just too damn hard man

pabscars
10-03-2011, 11:50
Anyone else found the any useful glitches yet ;)

Me and a mate were on last night driving underneath one of the maps, started a 200 lap race which should have taken 6 hours and it was done in about 20 mins.

Just kept driving in circles under the start finish marker and were doing a lap every 4 seconds. :D

Kerching

Not much fun but driving under the track was a giggle, it was like we'd discovered a lost city.

piquet41
16-03-2011, 21:59
Anyone else found the any useful glitches yet ;)

Me and a mate were on last night driving underneath one of the maps, started a 200 lap race which should have taken 6 hours and it was done in about 20 mins.

Just kept driving in circles under the start finish marker and were doing a lap every 4 seconds. :D

Kerching

Not much fun but driving under the track was a giggle, it was like we'd discovered a lost city.

Hi Pabscars, which race was this? is it one of the endurance races? what level are you on?

RealDiamond
16-03-2011, 22:59
PD patched them. READ 1.08 update notes.

B-spec online driver glitch allows 2 friends to fill a 16 car grid buy them selves
Top 6 places filled will result in <Cr 97,000/exp <100,000 for a single 20 min race for just 1 player.

This pays out the INDY 500 endurance EXP in only 3 races. With 2 times the cash as a bonus. added.

craigj2k12
04-04-2011, 11:45
havnt even managed to get bronze in any of the sebastian vettel races, been trying since january!

piquet41
05-04-2011, 20:51
havnt even managed to get bronze in any of the sebastian vettel races, been trying since january!

I've just finished the level 32 4hr endurance race. I'm afraid thats as far as I'll go now.

I'm still using the original launch PS3. I don't want to fry it doing the remaining 9hr and the two 24hr races.... I love my PS3 too much.

Who on earth is going to sit at their PS3 for a MINIMUM of 24hrs to play a game? ? ? madness:dozey:

haydnwalker
06-04-2011, 10:54
I've just finished the level 32 4hr endurance race. I'm afraid thats as far as I'll go now.

I'm still using the original launch PS3. I don't want to fry it doing the remaining 9hr and the two 24hr races.... I love my PS3 too much.

Who on earth is going to sit at their PS3 for a MINIMUM of 24hrs to play a game? ? ? madness:dozey:

I think most people will use B-Spec to play that race...I know its definitely the only way I'll play it. It would be nice if the PS3 (mine's a latest model 320gb Slim) would take the hammer, but unfortunately I doubt it would.

I remember way back to GT2 when I had my PSone and I played that for 8hrs straight and it burnt out the CD Drive motor :D

craigj2k12
16-04-2011, 17:24
I think most people will use B-Spec to play that race...I know its definitely the only way I'll play it. It would be nice if the PS3 (mine's a latest model 320gb Slim) would take the hammer, but unfortunately I doubt it would.

I remember way back to GT2 when I had my PSone and I played that for 8hrs straight and it burnt out the CD Drive motor :D

the race is a spec AND b spec, no choice

good job it has pause

Uncle Peter
08-06-2011, 12:23
Now that PSN is alive and kicking once again GT5 update 1.10 has been released

As well as addressing a few issues and making a few simple improvements to enhance the GT5 experience, update 1.10 adds some exciting new features such as online event prizes, a simpler way to purchase parts, an improved opponent AI algorithm, an easy way to interrupt and save your progress in championship mode, new racing gear choices and a new music track.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/08/gt5-update-1-10-2/

Uncle Peter
08-06-2011, 21:45
Been playing this tonight after the update and there are a few instantly noticeable differences. There are some new seasonal challenges up: a new race, time trial and a drift trial. The prize money also seems to have been increased on the existing seasonal challenges.

The online collector's dealership has been updated and there are a few LMP cars up for around the cr. 2M mark, in fact the cost of the collectors cars in general has been drastically decreased: the Ford GT race car for instance is now cr. 10M instead of cr. 19M.

haydnwalker
22-10-2011, 18:26
I couldn't even get GT5 to boot up (past the polyphony digital screen) after the v2 update...rebooted PS3 and doing system update to see if that cures it.