PDA

View Full Version : Install question

john johnson
04-11-2010, 09:48
Hi,
A house I want to buy inn Croydon, has a piece of white piping about a foot long prodruding from the ground immediately outside the front window of the front room. Is it possible that this is how the cable company leaves things in readiness for installation of cable at a future date. I am not able to talk to the vendor, and although Virgin Media confirms that i can have cable @ this address, it will not discuss this issue until AFTER I have sign up.
I would be grateful if anyone can enlighten me in any way whatsoever.
Regards, JOHN JOHNSON -[mod: Email removed as per site policy]

arcimedes
04-11-2010, 09:58
Too little information really; does it have a cable coming out of it?

Have you been inside the house?

Try asking the estate agent although the answer you get may not help

I recall that my daughter's property just has the cables coming out of the ground with no box on the wall that I have.

Kymmy
04-11-2010, 10:35
Moved to Installation forum, title changed to reflect content and email removed as per site policy

Welcome to the forum

weesteev
04-11-2010, 11:34
John, if its white its not likely to be Virgin's. Cable duct network has to be green (like BT's has to be grey). This may be a drainage pipe but if it is designed for Telecomms then it may have been laid by the developer of the property off their own back.

If you want to post a photo (including looking towards the footpath) then I can confirm for you.

Cheers