PDA

View Full Version : Installation Hell - 2 months an still no services

mousemonkeytiger
22-10-2010, 17:23
Hi

I'm having major problems with getting VM to install my services (TV,BB and land line). To keep things concise I'll give you a quick timeline of my experience so far:

9/9/2010 - Engineer arrives. Installs cables boxes etc inside my house. Engineer says he can't complete the install due to an external problem and informs us we'll be contacted to arrange completion.

8/9/2010 - 12/9/2010 - Having heard nothing I call VM asking what's going on regarding completion of install. I get a number of different responses:
1) A manager will call you to arrange the install - To date not received a single call from a manager.
2) What are you talking about? Our systems says you're services are installed! - The Engineer apparently lied about our install and therefore we weren't contacted regarding a date to finish the install.
3) Okay you don't have services yet - Agree to get services installed on 5/10/2010 - almost a month after the original install date.

2/10/2010 - Receive a txt msg from VM. "due to construction needed unfortunately we are unable to do your repull tmw. We have rescheduled this for 20/10. I phone them to complain. They wont budge - it's the 20th.

18/10/2010 - I contact VM to ask if any other dates are available after 20th because I might not be able to be at home for the install. I specificially instruct them not to change the date until I can confirm.

19/10/2010 - I contact VM. They advise me they've changed the install date to 3/11/2010 the next available date after 20/10/2010. I kind of go a bit mad a this point. I phone the complains dpt. I'm instructed that if a cancellation results in a slot they can do the repull on the 20th because my original slot has been taken by another customer.

20/10/2010 - No repull. Voicemail left to confirm there'll be no repull today.

21/10/2010 - I contact VM. I inform them that if my services are not installed by close of business 25/10/2010 I will cancel my contract and go elsewhere. I also suggest that they are breaching the terms of my contract by not installing my services in a timely fashion.

22/10/2010 - I get a call from VM. They'll try to fit the install in on Monday or Tuesday next week. No promises. I reiterate my stance. They say they wont stop me from cancelling.

What can I do? I want the install to be completed - but the hassle is unbelieveable!

MMT

Mick Fisher
23-10-2010, 13:32
Sounds like they don't want your custom.

Is there no other alternative supplier(s) you can approach?