PDA

View Full Version : Transfer phone number from VOIP to Virgin - possible?

MrB
02-10-2010, 12:33
As above, I understand that you can port your Virgin number to VOIP (I have seen mention of this being possible on discussions around voipfone.co.uk and sipgate, for example - it apparently costs £20+VAT and is relatively straightforward with a form to sign, proof of "ownership" of the number ie your bill and about two weeks to transfer), however, can you port a number from one of these providers back to Virgin?

Many thanks

Digital Fanatic
03-10-2010, 18:36
As above, I understand that you can port your Virgin number to VOIP (I have seen mention of this being possible on discussions around voipfone.co.uk and sipgate, for example - it apparently costs £20+VAT and is relatively straightforward with a form to sign, proof of "ownership" of the number ie your bill and about two weeks to transfer), however, can you port a number from one of these providers back to Virgin?

Many thanks

If the number has been a BT or VM number in the past then yes, not sure if it's a VOIP number? Depends if VM have a porting/donor agreement with the VIOP company.

MrB
07-10-2010, 10:25
If the number has been a BT or VM number in the past then yes, not sure if it's a VOIP number? Depends if VM have a porting/donor agreement with the VIOP company.

I have also been considering this - looking at the websites for Sipgate and voipfone, both say that they can port VM numbers in, therefore wouldn't the porting out process be covered on the same agreement?

MrB