PDA

View Full Version : Basingstoke install no show

haggis_muncher
30-09-2010, 21:13
As the title says really, was supposed to have Virgin installed today between 1pm and 6pm.

6.30pm comes and i get on the phone to the install team and end up speaking to some overseas chap, who frankly is a waste of time.

Get back on the phone, choose cancellations this time and after getting the choice of what music to listen to :eek: (how flaming mad is that) i speak to another lady who promptly transfers me back overseas only this time i have no music choice but am informed of a 19 minute wait :mad: /phone/slam/kick cat!!

Sorry for venting but i have lost a half days holiday over this and will probably just phone up and cancel tomorrow

Chris
30-09-2010, 21:24
Do that ... they may offer you a sweetener to stay though.

Digital Fanatic
01-10-2010, 00:59
As the title says really, was supposed to have Virgin installed today between 1pm and 6pm.

6.30pm comes and i get on the phone to the install team and end up speaking to some overseas chap, who frankly is a waste of time.

Get back on the phone, choose cancellations this time and after getting the choice of what music to listen to :eek: (how flaming mad is that) i speak to another lady who promptly transfers me back overseas only this time i have no music choice but am informed of a 19 minute wait :mad: /phone/slam/kick cat!!

Sorry for venting but i have lost a half days holiday over this and will probably just phone up and cancel tomorrow

Sorry to hear that :(

I take it you have given VM a valid contact number? If so then there is no excuse for not contacting you if there was a problem.

Call just after 8am to speak to Customer Care and hopefully it can be sorted out for you.

Let us know how you get on.

haggis_muncher
01-10-2010, 19:34
Quick update, Virgin had 2 contact numbers for me, but phoned this afternoon and cancelled.
Apparently there were construction issues which entailed a 4-5 week wait.
Cheers

Chris
01-10-2010, 19:38
Sounds like the duct is blocked, meaning they will have to excavate before they can pull a cable through for you.

They should still have made a better effort at phoning you though. If they had two numbers, presumably one of them would have reached you?

Digital Fanatic
01-10-2010, 20:23
Quick update, Virgin had 2 contact numbers for me, but phoned this afternoon and cancelled.
Apparently there were construction issues which entailed a 4-5 week wait.
Cheers

Well, you should have been called and updated then :(

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Sounds like the duct is blocked, meaning they will have to excavate before they can pull a cable through for you.

They should still have made a better effort at phoning you though. If they had two numbers, presumably one of them would have reached you?

Yeah, sounds like it is.

haggis_muncher
01-10-2010, 20:59
Thanks guys, if Virgin had phoned me it would have been annoying but i would have understood the reasons but lack of communication is very poor in my book.

Just fyi i originally gave them 2 dates for the install and they changed it to this week meaning i had to take a half days holiday (i work shifts).

Yesterday i was on the phone for approx 20 mins today 25 mins, cs is in my opinion shocking/non-existent.

I now need to contact O2, BT & Sky to cancel the cancellations that are in process.

Funnily enough i will probably try and join Virgin again but will leave it until after crimbo to let the dust settle,
and this time i would take one service at a time.

From my point of view Virgin have lost out on a minimum of £650 or so over the next 12 months but then again i am only one little customer.

Anyway hopefully my refund will come through for 2 box activation fees.

Cheers

haggis_muncher
21-03-2011, 21:24
Bump, am once again trying to get Virgin installed.
Was supposed to be installed tomorrow but has been delayed
until next week due to engineers being overbooked.
At least they sent me a text message this time to contact CS.

Virgin seem quite determined not to take my money

weesteev
21-03-2011, 22:35
If the construction issue wasn't resolved before then your going to have the same issue with a second install slot by the sounds of it. Keep us posted.

haggis_muncher
21-03-2011, 23:52
If the construction issue wasn't resolved before then your going to have the same issue with a second install slot by the sounds of it. Keep us posted.

Yep agree about the construction issue, am fully expecting this install to take an eternity,
as long as i am informed of any delays to save taking holiday i will be reasonablly happy.
Also wont cancel any services until i am actually fully installed.
Cheers