PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline Stargate Universe : Season 2

Hugh
22-09-2010, 18:27
SG:U Season 2 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alKbw9Y4Aeg&feature=player_embedded#!)

Squeeeeeeee!

cimt
22-09-2010, 18:49
It looks like it's going to be a huge improvement over the first season.

Anyone wanna change the title of the thread so that it could be used for the next season instead of just making a new thread?

Paul
22-09-2010, 23:18
Posts moved to S2 thread.

Looks good, but then trailers generally do ;)

Stuart
22-09-2010, 23:34
It does look good, but I remember hearing an interview with an editor who actually made film trailers for a living. The one thing I remember him saying is it is the easiest job in the world as you can find 30 seconds of good footage in every film. Expand that to a TV series...

Mick Fisher
23-09-2010, 14:15
It looks like it's going to be a huge improvement over the first season.

Anyone wanna change the title of the thread so that it could be used for the next season instead of just making a new thread?
It certainly needs to be.

I'm surprised it's getting a second season when the likes of FF got killed off.

Can only think it's as cheap to produce as it looks.

adzii_nufc
23-09-2010, 14:19
Cant get into SG:U at all... Prefered the original Stargate ideas like SG-1 and such. Dont get me wrong I watched the last series but it just didnt work for me :(

would love to see a revival of SG-1 but for now I'll have to make do.

Tezcatlipoca
23-09-2010, 21:05
It certainly needs to be.

I'm surprised it's getting a second season when the likes of FF got killed off.

Can only think it's as cheap to produce as it looks.

FlashForward aired on one of the main US Networks, & had absolutely appalling ratings. "Genre" shows don't generally do that well on the Networks (oddities such as Lost notwithstanding), but FF *really* did badly.

SG:U however airs on premium cable (Syfy), which tends to be more tolerant of "low" ratings than the broadcast Networks (as premium cable channels are subscription based & have fewer viewers). What would be poor ratings for one of the Big Four (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox) are good ratings for cable.

SG:U may not have pleased all the fans (probably due to the change in format), but it got good enough ratings for Syfy for it to be renewed. FF, however, tanked completely.

Ravenheart
26-09-2010, 21:14
I loved SG-1 and Atlantis, I just couldn't get into Universe at all. Stopped watching at e10 of series 1

is it worth a revisit?

Kymmy
26-09-2010, 21:17
I think it got better for the last 6 eps.. They finally introduced more cast and more aliens which the lack of upto that point was killing the show

cimt
26-09-2010, 21:27
Yeah, a lot of the 1st season was them getting settled in and dealing with the problems that came about because of the ship and the planets they went to. In the last batch of episodes it all changes and improves. I know what you mean though, I watched this before I had even seen SG-1 and SGA. I rewatched it after I'd seen both of them and it just wasn't the same at all, but then in the last batch it really improved.

Paul
26-09-2010, 22:04
I loved SG-1 and Atlantis, I just couldn't get into Universe at all. Stopped watching at e10 of series 1

is it worth a revisit?
Yes, it is.

Up to about 14/15, it was slow, really slow, but it did pick up for the few.

cimt
02-10-2010, 11:13
So, did anyone enjoy the first episode? I liked it but the TJ part annoyed me, that was terrible!

Kymmy
02-10-2010, 11:16
I think the TJ part was opening up the storyline for something to come..

haydnwalker
02-10-2010, 11:34
I have watched ep1 and it was just a finish-off of the final ep of s1. Interesting though, I'm interested as to what they will do with the remaining alliance members...integrate them or hold them prisoner...

Kymmy
02-10-2010, 11:55
As the two nutty leaders were killed off there's no reason why not to intergrate them

brundles
02-10-2010, 12:26
I had been really looking forward to this first episode after the finale from last season but have to say I was really disappointed with it.

IMO, they've a lot of work to do script wise to avoid this one looking nothing more than lazy scripting to avoid writing out characters. A prime example being the no questions asked about Chloe's miraculous recovery from death and it being pretty much ignored. I'm assuming this will be tied into the TJ part (not a fan of that bit either), but so far not convinced :(.

haydnwalker
02-10-2010, 13:00
I clearly noticed (as Eli did) Chloe's miraculous recovery from death. I think even Chloe herself at the end noticed how well it was healing... I think there's going to be something happen to her because of the alien abduction thing that happened with Rush in S1 :)

Tezcatlipoca
02-10-2010, 13:21
So, did anyone enjoy the first episode? I liked it but the TJ part annoyed me, that was terrible!

I *hated* the TJ stuff :(

I'm assuming it wasn't actually a dream, given that the nebula thing seemed to be real. But I found it very boring, & I really don't care if some mysterious aliens, back in the galaxy the Destiny has long since left, have helped the ones on the planet, or saved TJ's baby.

I also hated Chloe's miraculous healing. But that's mainly as I hate Chloe.

I'm guessing that the Lucian Alliance will integrate, a la the Maquis, with the "nice one" being a bit of a Chakotay & the ginger bird being a bit of a B'elanna... Although of course T-Bag is still alive, & his character will not be good. He never is.

cimt
02-10-2010, 13:26
T-Bag is always awesome, no matter what he's in. I hope he gets some good stuff in this show. Varro aka the "nice one" is probably gunna turn into a love interest for TJ though.

Tezcatlipoca
02-10-2010, 13:28
I meant "not be good", as in he'll be evil/bad, or whatever.

Paul
02-10-2010, 13:40
I *hated* the TJ stuff :(

I'm assuming it wasn't actually a dream, given that the nebula thing seemed to be real. But I found it very boring, & I really don't care if some mysterious aliens, back in the galaxy the Destiny has long since left, have helped the ones on the planet, or saved TJ's baby.

I also hated Chloe's miraculous healing. But that's mainly as I hate Chloe.

I'm guessing that the Lucian Alliance will integrate, a la the Maquis, with the "nice one" being a bit of a Chakotay & the ginger bird being a bit of a B'elanna... Although of course T-Bag is still alive, & his character will not be good. He never is.

Aww, I like Chloe.

The TJ stuff bored me as well, but no doubt its in there for a reason.

The Super healing of Chloe was certainly noticed by Eli and Chloe, and Im quite sure there will be more to this.

brundles
02-10-2010, 14:16
I clearly noticed (as Eli did) Chloe's miraculous recovery from death. I think even Chloe herself at the end noticed how well it was healing... I think there's going to be something happen to her because of the alien abduction thing that happened with Rush in S1 :)

Aww, I like Chloe.

The TJ stuff bored me as well, but no doubt its in there for a reason.

The Super healing of Chloe was certainly noticed by Eli and Chloe, and Im quite sure there will be more to this.

Maybe not noticed was a bit strong - it was kind of the "Oh OK, cool" response without any real shock when they did notice that irritated me. Maybe that's just how I saw it though. We'll see how that develops - I just hope they use it well and start to move that soon as a plot line rather than ignoring it for weeks.

Tezcatlipoca
27-10-2010, 20:35
Ugh. BORING.

I didn't think they could make something more lame & more boring than an Earth-based episode via the Stones. I was wrong. Half the damn episode wasted with a Triffid-induced dream sequence, featuring Matt & Chloe getting married :rolleyes:

Lame, lame, lame.

Oh, & then Chloe's magic blood saved the day.

Lame, lame, lame.

Paul
28-10-2010, 02:09
Yeah, not one of the best episodes.

haydnwalker
28-10-2010, 09:15
I'm beginning to wonder if I should give up on SGU... I'm interested in the Rush Storyline, but they just fill the rest with utter poo.

Paul
28-10-2010, 12:17
There is just about enough in it to keep me hanging on, in the hope it will get better, as it did in the latter part of the last season.

Mick Fisher
28-10-2010, 13:37
I am so bored with it I have completely lost the plot. :confused:

This is either because my brain is completely switching off, probably in self defence :sleep: , while watching it or there really is nothing going on. :dozey:

BenMcr
28-10-2010, 13:48
To be honest, I don't really care about any of the people in it.

It's only the Destiny itself and why it's doing what it is that will keep me watching

cimt
28-10-2010, 14:01
The characters in SG-1 and SG-A had excellent chemistry, even though some of them were total opposites. That's one thing I don't see with this show much.

Mick Fisher
28-10-2010, 14:33
To be honest, I don't really care about any of the people in it.

It's only the Destiny itself and why it's doing what it is that will keep me watching
I think you have summed it up admirably Ben.

Tezcatlipoca
28-10-2010, 23:54
It has a lot of potential... but they waste time on boring filler episodes.

I can see this getting canned, like Caprica. Although hopefully it will at least make it to the end of the season.

haydnwalker
29-10-2010, 09:11
Well I've just watched the latest ep and I completely agree with everyone else's sentiments. What a pile of doo-doo!

Matt...in some kind of coma thinking he's "home" but Col. Young is his dad? That made no sense whatsoever!

I'm much used to the more actiony SG1/Atlantis - this (I think) is supposed to be about the people, but doesn't really seem to be about the people...

Tezcatlipoca
03-11-2010, 23:16
US - Season 2, episode 6 - "Trial & Error"

Much better episode, especially given that last week's was ABSOLUTE ARSE.

What seemed at first to be Ye Olde Time-loop Episode, as done many times by many other series (including Trek & 'Gate) turned out to be very good. A battlesim run by Destiny, affecting Young's mind... Loved the twist at the end too, with it being Rush who ended it, rather than what everyone assumed to be the case (Destiny seeing Young take charge & concluding he was fit to lead).

The thing is, though, I'd still dearly love for aliens to arrive & kidnap Chloe.

Bonus points to Eli for finally scoring.

Shame that the ratings are still awful... I wasn't actually that fussed by Caprica's premature death, but I would miss SGU, despite its slowness.

v0id
03-11-2010, 23:59
The thing is, though, I'd still dearly love for aliens to arrive & kidnap Chloe.

I'd also want to know what's happening with Telford and those other aliens on board the seed ship

Paul
04-11-2010, 00:58
I'd also want to know what's happening with Telford and those other aliens on board the seed ship
Im betting that we will come across them again.

haydnwalker
04-11-2010, 09:19
I wasn't so impressed with the episode, it was still a bit on the slow side, and yes, although the twist at the end was good, IMO it didn't make up for another poopy episode.

They need MORE ACTION...

I am interested in Rush's storyline though, how he knows how to command all of Destiny etc.

Maggy
04-11-2010, 13:35
I gave up halfway through the first series and I only watched if for Robbie Carlyle..but even he can't make up for poor scripts.

Tezcatlipoca
11-11-2010, 01:17
TWO GOOD EPS IN A ROW! :shocked:

Makes up for the horrendous triffid-dream episode...

Looks like T-Bag is going to be ending Eli's relationship with that Ginn girl though...

Ytrewq
11-11-2010, 08:46
I have watched most of the stargate versions but for me this is by far the poorest of them all, it seems disjointed and slow.

haydnwalker
11-11-2010, 10:40
I enjoyed the last ep...glad everythings out in the open

Kymmy
11-11-2010, 12:00
I think that everyone who says it's the worst show is expecting the usual actionbased sci-fi show that SG1/SG:a always was.. This isn;t though that sort of show instead this is more psychological in its style and I'm quite enjoying it

Tezcatlipoca
02-12-2010, 19:24
Excellent mid-season finale :D

I hope Syfy doesn't keep it on hiatus for too long...

haydnwalker
02-12-2010, 21:14
Best Episode yet I think...The Chloe story is getting interesting now

Paul
02-12-2010, 21:25
Yes, its got better (again).

I think its back in January, like most others which will also take a break over the later part of December. Cant find anything to confirm this atm tho.

Tezcatlipoca
16-12-2010, 20:39
Alas :(

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/syfy-cancels-stargate-universe/

cimt
16-12-2010, 20:41
Just saw you post it on BXB. I'll say what I said on there. I hope they end it properly and not like SGA.

Tezcatlipoca
16-12-2010, 21:08
My only real issue with SGA's ending was that it was so rushed. Would have been far better as a two-parter.

cimt
16-12-2010, 21:13
I think it was meant to be a 2 parter but the second part was meant to be in season 6. It's a shame that they haven't got the movie off the ground.

Tezcatlipoca
16-12-2010, 21:18
Fat chance of them ever doing the movie, either, I think :(

No more Stargate...

I really need to get the SG-1 box & work through them all.

cimt
16-12-2010, 21:23
You ever watched them all? There's some excellent episodes in there.

Tezcatlipoca
16-12-2010, 21:33
I watched the first few seasons, maybe a little more, & then didn't get back into it until season 9 or 10. Can't quite remember why. May simply have been due to an initial lack of digital TV when I moved.

gcollins
16-12-2010, 21:34
Shame about SGU but IMO season one never really got going.

Season two however has been a lot better and looking forward to the final ten episodes.

Tezcatlipoca
16-12-2010, 23:20
Seems some of the cast only found out via Twitter! :( Syfy... :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/MingNa/status/15519689299988482

To find out #SGU is cancelled 1st from my tweeps is the power of twitter. I'll miss my #SGU family very much! Thank u 4 your love & support!

cimt
16-12-2010, 23:24
Just saw that on BXB. It's a bit harsh like, not informing all the cast and crew before hand.

Paul
17-12-2010, 00:20
TBH, I wont miss it that much, its just so dull most of the time.

I much prefer Warehouse 13, Eureka and Haven.

I'll give Being Human a go - I got bored of the uk version, so we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully the BSG prequal film will be ok as well - and maybe even lead to another (better) prequal series than Caprica, which was mostly a disappointment.

Kymmy
08-03-2011, 10:15
S2e11 was broadcast last night, so at least they are finishing off the series

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

There's also talk that now SGU is cancelled that they're going to now get round to making a third SG1 film

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Hopefully the BSG prequal film will be ok as well - and maybe even lead to another (better) prequal series than Caprica, which was mostly a disappointment.

BSG: blood & chrome (2hr pilot) started filming in Feb.. so hopefully we'll get to see it later this year

cimt
08-03-2011, 13:08
There's also talk of a potential SGU TV movie.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a307589/stargate-universe-to-return-as-tv-movie.html

Tezcatlipoca
08-03-2011, 18:42
It'd be great if they continued with a TV movie.

Hopefully now that MGM is out of the toilet there's more chance of some SG movies.

martyh
08-03-2011, 19:09
It'd be great if they continued with a TV movie.

Hopefully now that MGM is out of the toilet there's more chance of some SG movies.

The third film titled... revolution was confirmed back in 2009 but put on hold for the reasons you state ,I honestly think that if we get a third film it won't feature all of the original cast and will be somewhat different to the planned original

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/09/producers-have-a-plan-b-to-get-those-sg-1atlantis-movies-made/

Eyeaz
03-04-2011, 19:16
I'm actually diggin this show, I really like the characters and the plot behind it. Hopefully they can continue keeping it interesting

martyh
03-04-2011, 19:30
I'm actually diggin this show, I really like the characters and the plot behind it. Hopefully they can continue keeping it interesting

fairly sure it's been cancelled

cimt
03-04-2011, 19:49
That it has.

Paul
03-04-2011, 21:25
fairly sure it's been cancelled
It has.

cimt
19-04-2011, 12:57
Excellent follow up to the episode Twin Destinies.

Paul
10-05-2011, 20:31
Just watched the final episode :(

Its a real shame the follow up movie wont be made, we will never know what happens to Eli (or the rest of them).