PDA

View Full Version : I have a sat finder

richbrooks
13-09-2010, 16:14
I have a chess sat finder but can anyone shed light on how to use it.
im still getting 70% on strenght but 0 % on quality.
Is there a decent guid for setting one of these things up as im getting pretty fed up with the thing. id love to use this tv system but its so frustrating and the box keeps jamming my expensive tv so i have to unplug it at the mains to switch it off (horrible noise).

PLEASE HELP

Jasperodus
14-09-2010, 10:02
Hi Rich.

Sorry to hear you are still having problems.

I have no experience with using a sat finder but I do know that if you look back through these threads you will find detailed instructions for sat finder use.

Not sure why the receiver should 'jam' your tv. Do you have that problem with the cable disconnected from the receiver? If try this it is a good idea to switch the receiver off at the mains before removing any cable/s for the sake of the equipment.

So, you can not switch the receiver off at the front panel. This is just when it 'locks up', I guess? What about the on/off switch at the rear?

What front panel display do you normally get? What has been your procedure for tuning the receiver?

Anyway, the first thing to verify is that you are able to receive a signal at the dish - and then verify the rest of the euipment. Now that you have a sat-finder you should be in with a good chance. Did the finder not come with instructions? As mentioned though, just look back through these threads and you will find some very good and detailed instructions.

One last thing. I don't hang around forums much, but I think the best way for people to track and respond to your problem, is for you to just stay within your original thread for this problem, rather than open new threads, as it's still the same discussion really. I know you want specific info for the finder, but am sure people would still be following your earlier comments.

I know by now you are probably sick of reading stuff and about ready to give up - that would be a shame seeing as you now have a finder. The info you want is here - just a bit more reading and patience and you'll be fine.

Once you get going with the finder you should be ok. If you absoloutely can't get anything, and are confident of alignment, line-of-sight etc., then you have to maybe worry about the LNB.

If you get a good signal from the finder, but nothing at all from the receiver and you are confident that all aspects of cable condition/fittings are ok, then you can have reason to suspect the receiver.

Hang in there. I know you will be pretty frustrated and the last thing you feel like doing is read some more but that is the thing - read as much as you can about the whole setup (even though you want the finder stuff right now) from different experiences.