PDA

View Full Version : virgin media secondary phone line?

dav_boro
21-08-2010, 16:05
Hi, will be soon working from home which will require a second phoneline, is this allowed by virgin media?
if so does anybody know the prices, cant seem to find anything on the virgin site

Jameseh
21-08-2010, 16:13
I don't think they allow duplicate services although a phone call explaining your need may help.

nodrogd
21-08-2010, 17:55
Should be no problem, as long as there is capacity available in the street cab. The drop lines are multi core, so as long as the cable is not damaged, a separate connection can be run from the omni-box. Just as with BT, a second line will be treated as a separate entity, so you can choose to pay the basic rental or go for one of the packages. I know a few people who have kept their second Virgin phone line from the days of dial up internet. Unfortunately the second line discount they used to offer was withdrawn a while ago.

Peter_
21-08-2010, 19:00
I have seen accounts with 2 phone lines but I expect Benmcr will be able to provide more information.

dave_dph
22-08-2010, 10:59
Why not go the voip route using your VM broadband? No line rental to pay and you can use a geographical number from any part of the country; i.e. you might live in Scotland but use a London (020) number.