PDA

View Full Version : When will I get Connected!

djewson
17-08-2010, 05:04
Hi Guys,

Just looking for some advice on what to do next...

I ordered Virgin on the 30th Jun as we were moving house into a cable area on the 12th July.
I have order the top package for phone, BB and TV.

Was told that they could not install until the 21st July (3 weeks !) but we agreed on that date, though I was told to let our old BT line run until then so we could keep our number and they would deal with the transfer.

The day before our install date I have a phone call from Virgin just to confirm our address etc and was told the engineer would be with us tomorrow at the stated time.

A couple of hours later I noticed I had voicemail on my mobile and when I checked, it was Virgin again with some garbled message about putting our install on hold due to Construction issues !!

I called them back and was told there was a problem and they would be sending a team out to fix the problem and would call me once it had been done to arrange a new install date.

Two days later the Team were out jack hammering their way through the path outside (waking me up after I had been in bed about 2 hours off a night shift)
but I was happy that they were indeed sorting the problem out.

Once I got up I checked the path where they had been and there was now a little grate with Cable on it and some fresh tarmac too...
So I hastily rang Virgin back to arrange a new install
The girl on the phone said they couldn't install as there was a construction problem, which I told her had been resolved that morning.
upon checking this she agreed an install could be rescheduled.
I asked for 1 of the 3 days I was off work the following week, but was told I would have to wait 3 weeks again for a date.

I argued that I had already waited 3 weeks and wasn't happy that I was basically being put to the back of the queue again to wait for my install.

She said there was nothing she could do, so after much discussion I thought i'd give this a try and I said I would Cancel then.
to which she responded ok, no problem i'll put you through to cancellations
and she did !!

The chap I got then asked if I wanted to cancel, to which I explained to him I felt I was being left with no option really as I thought I was being poorly treated.

He refused to help as this was not his department and asked again if I wanted to cancel.

I gave in and took the next date which was the 16th Aug (another 3 weeks !)

and I have waited until today...

And I have waited and waited.........
All day from 11pm til 6pm (my slot was 1pm-6pm)
Nothing !!!!
no engineer, no install !!!

I rang Virgin on my mobile (not the cheapest option but being as I am waiting for my landline !!)
I get some bloke that basically was the most rude and unhelpful person I have ever spoken to..
He showed no emotion in my problem stating simply that my install had been put on hold due to a construction issue (What AGAIN !!!)
I started to lose my calm at this point and explained that I had been waiting 6 weeks now for this damn install and was being fobbed off AGAIN !
I thought for a moment that he had hung up on me as there was no response..
I had to ask if he was still there to which he just replied 'yes'.

When I asked when I could expect my install to be done all he could say was he didn't know..

He asked me if I had rang earlier about the construction issue which I said no...why would I ???
surely you should have rung me instead of having me sat in for 7 hours waiting for someone NOT to turn up.

I asked to speak to his manager and he put me on hold
for 10 more minutes I waited before I hung up...
20 minutes on the phone which was my mobile, I dread to think what my bill will be next month.

So as of now I am still no wiser as to what the hell is happening with my install...

If they come out and sort the so called "construction issue" great....
If they bump me to the back of a 3 week queue again...
they can stick their services where the sun don't shine and i'll be making a claim against them for reconnection charges to all my services that I have cancelled..

Can anyone help with what I should do next, I really want the 50Mb BB otherwise i'd stick with Sky and BT anyway.

thanks....Dean

MovedGoalPosts
17-08-2010, 10:11
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

This seems to have been going round in circles. Unfortunately for a communications company Virgin Media don't always seem able to get their own departments to talk to each other!

Cable Forum does have some high level contacts who have proven adept at cutting through the red tape. They aren't front line staff so don't expect immediate action but once they are on the case they can usually find the right heads to bang together ;)

If you would like Cable Forum to get our contacts involved would you please PM me some details of your name, address where you are trying to get service, an account number (if it has been issued) and a daytime contact phone number. I'll then forward these to VM.

djewson
17-08-2010, 12:08
Hi Rob
Thanks for the reply
I managed to get hold of the CEO's email address and emailed him this morning

His secretary has just called with a thousand apologies and has said that the way i have been treat is unacceptable
I'm dealing with her direct now as he is on holiday at the moment.
She has explained what the problem is with my install and is calling me every step of the way with updates as she gets them

The pen truly is mightier than the sword

Long and short of it they can't pull the cable through and may have to dig if they can't unblock it to get me up and running

I have changed from totally pee'd off customer to the amazement of what a letter to the right person can do to change a situation

Fingers crossed now for a resolve

Dean

MovedGoalPosts
17-08-2010, 12:38
If you are in touch with the CEO's office then you can't get much higher. They should be able to get to the bottom of this.

Digital Fanatic
17-08-2010, 20:10
Hope everything gets sorted for you Dean. the CEO's office are a good bunch and I'm sure everything will be fine - in the end. :)

:welcome: to the forum too :waving: