PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline The Event

NoKnowledge
29-07-2010, 22:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vumb8J-x8

Just a preview but has potential.

Starts in September.

Looks like that guy on the plane who tried to gain entry into the cockpit knows alot.

Kymmy
29-07-2010, 22:38
20th September is the US premiere, have changed the thread prefix to denote it's currently on a US timeline as no UK dates yet

zing_deleted
29-07-2010, 22:44
looks very interesting

Paul
30-07-2010, 13:39
looks very interesting
Agreed, as long as its not dragged out too long.

ThunderPants73
02-08-2010, 19:56
....or cancelled too soon.

NoKnowledge
20-09-2010, 17:01
....starts tonight.

Halcyon
20-09-2010, 17:33
Looks good. I'l be watching it.

cimt
21-09-2010, 23:43
Did anyone actually watch it? I thought there was way too much time jumping. There was times when I didn't know when a certain part of the show was set in relation to the other parts. It made it more confusing than when Lost aired that episode in which it showed the same group of people in 2 different timelines.

Tezcatlipoca
22-09-2010, 02:11
Yup. I thought it was a mess.

I'll stick with it for now, to see if it gets better, & if anything is revealed as to WTF is going on...

... but I'm not holding out much hope at the moment. I think it may end up being another FF...

sir_drinks_alot
22-09-2010, 16:43
what's it about ?

cimt
22-09-2010, 16:46
Can't really say after 1 episode. I think we'll know more after the second.

12noon
07-10-2010, 11:11
I know it starts sometime in October in the UK, but when ?

Kymmy
07-10-2010, 11:43
C4 has the show, you tried their website?

Derek
07-10-2010, 18:34
I know it starts sometime in October in the UK, but when ?

Friday 22nd of October.

iFrankie
28-11-2010, 22:47
Just finished watching the 9 eps!, i love the mystery around it!.

Laura Innes is an amazing actress.

braysoj1
07-03-2011, 19:48
hi all

the event restarts on the 14th march just found it on my tv guide (uk)

Paul
12-03-2011, 12:04
Finally got round to watching this - the first three eps have been great IMO, I shall be watching more this afternoon.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

I hope they reveal all by Ep 22 tho - as it currently looks like season 1 will be the only season.

cimt
12-03-2011, 12:13
I can't find the full interview but it sounds like everything will be revealed by the end of the season with something totally new happening in season 2.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s123/the-event/news/a300247/the-event-exec-explains-finale-plans.html

Paul
29-03-2011, 19:55
Just watched ep 15 - really good and spectacular, this is really starting to get interesting, and Sofia is now well and truely back in charge as Thomas is dead.

cimt
30-03-2011, 01:46
Agreed, the show is really starting to improve now. It's just a shame that it's probably too late now.

Paul
30-03-2011, 20:42
Agreed, the show is really starting to improve now. It's just a shame that it's probably too late now.
Why do the US always do this with shows - Flashforward was the same last year - it got better towards the end, but again too late to save it.

Tezcatlipoca
30-03-2011, 21:10
Well, this is something I never thought I'd say... this week's episode was excellent!

Shame it's too late :(

v0id
30-03-2011, 22:11
Why do the US always do this with shows - Flashforward was the same last year - it got better towards the end, but again too late to save it.

It''s all about the viewing figures, regardless whether a show hemorrhages viewers because of lousy scheduling or an extended hiatus

threadbare
03-09-2011, 16:42
Hi all,

any fans of the NBC/Channel 4 show 'The Event' on here?

threadbare
03-09-2011, 17:08
I was wondering if anyone actually enjoyed the show enough to join one of the campaign groups to save it.

It's a shame the show was cancelled. It would be nice if another broadcaster took up the show for a 2nd season or maybe a miniseries/DVD to conclude it.

Mick Fisher
03-09-2011, 17:34
Yes I watched it and after struggling through quite a few of the decidedly sleep inducing earlier Eps I was shocked and annoyed that it got canned just when it looked like it was going to live up to the hype.

I'm over it now, the moment is gone and I couldn't care less if it gets brought back or not.

If the recent revival of Primeval is anything to go by it might be better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Tezcatlipoca
03-09-2011, 18:07
It's dead. Move on.

It was flawed from the start, and despite being retooled during its excessive hiatus it was still not enough to save it. The ratings were shocking (worse than FlashForward's, IIRC), and there's no way any network would want to waste money bringing back to life something that no one bothered to watch originally. Very, very occasionally an online campaign may actually work (see the "Nuts campaign" for "Jericho"), but most of the time the fans are just... urinating in the wind.

threadbare
03-09-2011, 19:25
Yes I watched it and after struggling through quite a few of the decidedly sleep inducing earlier Eps I was shocked and annoyed that it got canned just when it looked like it was going to live up to the hype.

I'm over it now, the moment is gone and I couldn't care less if it gets brought back or not.

If the recent revival of Primeval is anything to go by it might be better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Yeah I agree they could have done with upping the pace. I would hope that if the show was to survive that the writers might take that on board. I admit I nearly didn't bother returning to the show after the hiatus but I was glad I did. Then they cancelled it...

Like others have pointed out previously, it's all about numbers.

Pierre
04-09-2011, 19:32
I watched it all, and enjoyed it.

I think they should do a "Jericho" and and at least do 3-4 episodes and wrap it up properly

threadbare
04-09-2011, 20:53
I watched it all, and enjoyed it.

I think they should do a "Jericho" and and at least do 3-4 episodes and wrap it up properly

I think that's all most people want is some kind of closure.

A mini-series, perhaps picked up by SyFy, would be ideal.

Pierre
04-09-2011, 21:20
I think that's all most people want is some kind of closure.

A mini-series, perhaps picked up by SyFy, would be ideal.

There is talk of a tv movie

v0id
04-09-2011, 21:33
It's obvious not a lot of people watched it, or it would never have been cancelled ;)

Paul
04-09-2011, 22:28
It's obvious not a lot of people watched it, or it would never have been cancelled ;)
A lot of people watched it, just not enough.

Its problem was exactly the same as Flash Forward - they dragged it out too long, and by the time it actually got really good, most people had given up.

Shame, I enjoyed both it and FF.

threadbare
05-09-2011, 09:49
There is talk of a tv movie

Yeah I heard about that. Let's hope they do something.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

A lot of people watched it, just not enough.

Its problem was exactly the same as Flash Forward - they dragged it out too long, and by the time it actually got really good, most people had given up.

Shame, I enjoyed both it and FF.

They milk the shows too much. With 'The Event' I felt they threw in a lot of mysteries and just didn't give enough answers until too late. Too many viewers had already jumped ship.

Mick Fisher
05-09-2011, 12:28
Slowly, slowly, might catchy Monkey.

But............

Slowly, slowly, losey too many viewers.

:)

The prime example for me being "Lost" IIRC I gave up following E03S01 :erm:

The interminal flashbacks.......OMG...like Chinese water torture. :(

v0id
05-09-2011, 16:12
Lost should have been a 3 part mini series instead

Stuart
05-09-2011, 17:38
I watched the first 3 eps. Thought it actually had potential, then I realised that it was going so slowly that I lost interest. It made the same mistake they made with Lost. It asked a lot of questions, but answered very few.

Tezcatlipoca
05-09-2011, 20:04
They milk the shows too much. With 'The Event' I felt they threw in a lot of mysteries and just didn't give enough answers until too late. Too many viewers had already jumped ship.

I watched the first 3 eps. Thought it actually had potential, then I realised that it was going so slowly that I lost interest. It made the same mistake they made with Lost. It asked a lot of questions, but answered very few.

Yup: Too many questions, not enough answers.

It started off badly, by using a non-linear narrative even more annoyingly than Lost, and moved too slowly while posing question after question.

After it was re-jigged during its excessively long hiatus, the pace was ramped right up, and it became more interesting... But by then it had haemorrhaged even more viewers, plus the increase in pace came at the expense of previous story elements being forgotten, and some of the characters behaving differently, plus again added more questions and failed to answer previous ones.

One of the things which really bugged me was that they never answered how/why Sean knew about the plane at the very start. Ditto for Agent Lee. That was but one of many things.

I very much doubt that anything will come of the "TV movie". This sort of thing always does the rounds. There's been nothing remotely concrete about it, and I doubt that Syfy would really be interested (& NBC has already said it wouldn't show one if it happened).

Mick Fisher
05-09-2011, 21:26
SyFy won't be interested unless they can work a sharktopus or a RockSalmonPiranha into the mix somehow. :D

Tezcatlipoca
05-09-2011, 21:39
Yup. The humans & the aliens have to put aside their differences to battle a bigger foe: a giant sharktopusosaur! Then Debbie Gibson & Tiffany turn up to help.

v0id
06-09-2011, 16:35
SyFy won't be interested unless they can work a sharktopus or a RockSalmonPiranha into the mix somehow. :D

Don't forget the wrestling