PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Installation Tips

grafinoz
29-07-2010, 12:46
Hi Guys,
Had a few questions on here in the recent week and thanks to everyone for you help in answering them. I have the whole thing being installed tomorrow, VIP+ package, and was wondering if there is anything I need to look out for, check when the guys come to install. I already have a cable into the lounge and a telewest box inside my front door so I presume they can use that. I then need them to run another cable for HDTV+ and 50MB internet into the upstairs bedroom.

I have read a few horror stories about installations but am sure these are exceptions.

Any hints would be appreciated.

thx.

graf.

jb66
29-07-2010, 14:16
Go over what you want done and where you want the wires before the work is started

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

and if you still have sky tell them if you want to keep it as they may cut the sky cable ;)

grafinoz
29-07-2010, 17:12
cheers jb - is it normally 1 bloke does the lot or different blokes for each service?

jb66
29-07-2010, 17:42
One guy does outside and one in normally, If your getting 50meg a third (service technician) will come along to install that seperatly.

Dave_
30-07-2010, 09:41
One guy does outside and one in normally, If your getting 50meg a third (service technician) will come along to install that seperatly.

In theory. If you live in the Uddingston franchise you might find a service tech turns up to do the ful triple :mad:

ShadowTD
04-08-2010, 17:37
You'll know fairly quickly if you've got a good tech. Offer them a brew and a biccy. My personal advice would be if you hear the line 'it'll be on in an hour' take it with a pinch of salt. A good tech will make sure everything's working - I'd make sure On Demand and all premium channels are working before agreeing that the job is done.