PDA

View Full Version : Virgin media Engineer in Coulsdon / Purley are needed.

Dombe
05-07-2010, 16:34
Hi all hope your well and enjoying the sun were having.

Basically I need a virgin engineer with some shotgun cable and about half an hour .

Moving into a new flat in Coulsdon and really need to run the cable prior to the actual virgin install.

If anyone knows or is an engineer drop an email to :

surrey cash at yahoo dot com
or just reply here I guess and I will give you a call.

Thanks in advance.

Dominic.

RobboEdin
05-07-2010, 16:38
Virgin Media will do this as part of your install.

Chris
05-07-2010, 17:41
He may have some decorating/carpet fitting that needs done prior to the install. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to want to do some cable runs ahead of the scheduled install date. ;)

Dombe
05-07-2010, 17:54
Thanks for the rapid responses!

Yeah, thanks for the defence chris. I didn't really explain myself very well.

I need the cable to run along fence over gate round bay window up wall , then the phone line to split into the front room through a hole already drilled I might add, then the coax to continue up to the loft where it will split to broadband and tv , via cat5 and what i thought would be coax. Then ..... Breathe out , back through the floor into the office for connection to tv and computer system .
Am I right in thinking normal tv aerial coax would not be up to the job to run the connection fron the loft to the office? It's already in place but someone said it would not be suitable.

The chase from the loft to the office is hectic and would be easier to do while unfinished ceiling etc .

Cheers.