PDA

View Full Version : connection down brighton area

shnookumshnum
02-07-2010, 22:26
have called vm, they say no network faults in this area and have booked engineer for NEXT TUESDAY. I have not done anything to the setup and it was fine this morning, and the TV is still working. I have even tried spare modem,still flashing ready light. The VM guy (from what i could understand) was still convinced thats a fault at my end and has booked engineer

Peter_
02-07-2010, 22:36
If you have a flashing ready and the are no issues showing on the system they will always book an engineer.

If it does come on between now and Tuesday then give them a call to cancel the engineer if you have not already received a text saying cancelled.

The Service Level Agreement for an engineer is next day plus 24 hours excluding weekends and bank holidays, so Tuesday is within our SLA.

Your spare modem will not work either as it will not listed on your account and for all intents and purposes does not exist, the only use for it is as a paperweight.

shnookumshnum
04-07-2010, 11:08
It came back on the next morning and the same guy who I had spoken to previously told me that it was a regional network fault.
Am I entitled to compensation for loss on service for one night?

pip08456
04-07-2010, 12:00
That would amount to about 25p.

shnookumshnum
12-07-2010, 19:17
Connection went down again the next day - after a test on the modem, the offshore robot told me there was a problem with my modem (something about frequency) and an engineer needed to be booked. The next day I got a txt telling me it was a network issue and would be sorted within 8 hours. With all the connection problems I have been reading about on here, it seems VM have quite a few issues with connections for their existing customer. Yet all they seem to be doing is rolling out faster speeds...