PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Service - Cable Modem Logs

Ear
29-06-2010, 17:49
Hi

I have 2 internet connections at my house both of which went off at exactly the same time. This has happened to me before and it took a good 5-7 days of different engineers coming out and trying all sorts of nonsense before finally getting to the root of the problem.

Right now the sync light is flashing like crazy. At exactly the same time both my connections cut out the cable modem logs gave a weird error. Is this anything to do with the issue and can anyone shed any light on what exactly it means/whether its easily fixed.

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - loss of sync

Recieved Response to Broadcast Maintenence Request, But no Unicast Maintence opportunities recieved - T4 time out.

I really hope I don't have to wait another week to have this fixed. :shocked:

Peter_
29-06-2010, 19:01
Your Downstream and Upstream power levels would provide us wih more information so please post them instead.

pip08456
29-06-2010, 19:15
I would be allso interested to learn how the OP has 2 internet connections.

1 Business + 1 residential?

Peter_
29-06-2010, 19:17
I would be allso interested to learn how the OP has 2 internet connections.

1 Business + 1 residential?
Could be or one the older customers who did manage to get 2 connections fitted, a dying breed to say the least.;)

pip08456
29-06-2010, 19:19
Would be nice to know though Masque, don't you agree?

Peter_
29-06-2010, 19:22
Would be nice to know though Masque, don't you agree?
As he loses connection on both at the same time it does not really matter as it proves that if you want 2 connections it is always better to have both Cable and ADSL as at least one connection should then still work.;)

Ear
30-06-2010, 07:09
Ah. It looks like there was a fault in my area and this time they fixed it within a day. I think the upsteam and downstream power levels just said N/A.

My house was 3 flats now converted to a house. It wouldn't be possible now. They do multiple checks including sending someone out to your house to check. And its not worth it as you can see by this outage.

I still prefer it this way cause BT's support is horrible in comparison to VM.