PDA

View Full Version : BBC channels

maxpoole
29-06-2010, 10:05
I no longer receive BBC channels on Freeview but all other channels are working good on all 3 TV's - I've re-scanned for the BBC but no joy. Any idea?
Help

Kymmy
29-06-2010, 10:10
Welcome to the forum, I've moved your post from articles to the correct freeview forum :)

What make/model is your freeview reciever and what's your local TV transmitter?

Older recievers have problems with newer standards, you might find your BBC channels are actually there just numbered at the end and not the beginning of the list. Or it could be something as simple as a transmitter problem??

maxpoole
29-06-2010, 12:54
Have the channels for the BBC changed recently? If it's a transmitter problem to whom do I contact?

Kymmy
29-06-2010, 13:04
If it's a transmitter problem then you don't contact anyone, they'll eventually fix it. But it does sound like you have an OLD box or one that needs a reset, a couple of years ago and also more recently they changed the standards slightly. Older boxes can't cope with the new standards hence channels are either missing or out of sequence. Hence you were asked for the make/model of the reciever.

You say you've retuned the box, but have you done a full reset (factory defaults)? First try that and if that doesn't help then you probably have an old box, but if it does work then great

maxpoole
29-06-2010, 13:15
Thanks for your reply - it's actually on 3 TV's & a box, the newest TV only being 12 months old. But I'll check to see if it's now at the other end of the channel list. It's very bazzar.......:)

Kymmy
29-06-2010, 13:22
Now you've given more info it suggests that the channels in your area have moved about. Try a reset to defaults and then a rescan for the channels, without the reset they might not find the channels

maxpoole
05-07-2010, 09:51
Hi, I took your advice and rescanned two of my TV's from new installation and still I don't have any BBC channels. The Samsung TV is only 1 year old but it just doesn't find them. I am confussed as it picks up all other channels with a very good signal strength, Can it be the aerial - i find it hard to understand if so?

Kymmy
05-07-2010, 10:02
Could be the signal strength, is the antenna a leftover from when you had analogue service? If yes then it might not cover all of the digital band..
Also could be simply that you're on the outskirts of the signal area, some mux's will work others won't.. Also could be that the BBC one is on low power for some reason..

There is a website out there which can help determined if it's a signal problem, try http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? and it should tell you the direction and type of antenna needed for reception on ONE tv, more will reduce the signal

Where I am an antenna upgrade worked fine for a few years but when we tried splitting off the antenna we lost some if not all the channels, a simple masthead amp (ebay for less than £20) cured it all and now runs 4 tv's off one antenna