PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Costs - 50mb

trevrpb
22-06-2010, 19:58
Apologies if this is not the place to ask....

Am looking to upgrade possibly to 50mb service - am currently on
XL TV -
L - Broadband
? - Phone (Believe it may be M)

Again, apologies if this is not the place to ask.

regards

Trev

General Maximus
22-06-2010, 20:14
ring them up and ask. I believe you can have M Phone, L TV and XXL (50mbit) broadband for £62. Don't know how much the XL tv would be on top

vanman
22-06-2010, 20:14
£45 for the broadband An activation fee of £20 and installation fee of £35 will be charged for customers upgrading to Broadband XXL.
you may get a loyalty discount so it may be cheaper

General Maximus
22-06-2010, 20:18
ouch, I have just had a look on the VM website and you can get what you want for £51 a month with a free V+ HD box. I would argue the point about the installation and activation fee for bb because all the dude dies is come round and give you a modem to connect and he rings someone to gtet it to work. He doiesnt install anything so tell them you only want to pay the activation fee.

vanman
22-06-2010, 20:50
ouch, I have just had a look on the VM website and you can get what you want for £51 a month with a free V+ HD box. I would argue the point about the installation and activation fee for bb because all the dude dies is come round and give you a modem to connect and he rings someone to gtet it to work. He doiesnt install anything so tell them you only want to pay the activation fee.
that's new customers

trevrpb
22-06-2010, 21:26
ring them up and ask. I believe you can have M Phone, L TV and XXL (50mbit) broadband for £62. Don't know how much the XL tv would be on top

Hi General,

Im existing customer.....already have XL TV / M Phone /L BB....+ additional box.... want to confirm cost of upgrade of BB to XXL - ie 50mb.

It looked like I could upgrade and cost of the XL BB would be £35 pm....at mo my L BB is £25 pm, so a £10 increase....mmm thinks I should call and see if they can offer me incentive to upgrade !!!! :)

Ignitionnet
22-06-2010, 22:42
The incentive is going from 10M to 50M and getting rid of STM as far as I can see!

General Maximus
23-06-2010, 06:27
The incentive is going from 10M to 50M and getting rid of STM as far as I can see!

Absolutely, although you cant appreciate it atm, going from 10mbit up to 50mbit is going to feel like you have been stuck in a cage all your life and you have just been let out in the wilderness for the first time. Not only is the speed difference going to be phenominal, it is made all the more sweeter by the fact that you know you can run off and download to your hearts content without being capped after 3gb (or whatever it is these days). If you ask me, £10 a month for that is a bargain.

trevrpb
23-06-2010, 08:10
Thanks all for responses.....time to upgrade me thinks....

RobboEdin
23-06-2010, 09:44
There is no simple answer to your question. It depends on what your current bill and discount is. It could cost as much as £20 extra per month to upgrade from BB L to BB XXL.