PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media stores...

k.e.jones
15-06-2010, 20:46
Hi,

This is very daft. I'm probably going to regret even having said this but seeing as there's no general forum and people have been really helpful here it might be something that's worth saying here to get some feedback going :-)

Do the Virgin Media stores actually stock equipment? Do they get involved with engineer stocks? If not, have the management considered it?

Seeing that there are so many problems getting the right kit to customers or difficulties in ensuring engineers have the the right bits to complete their job(re: quickstart kits being commonly missing) maybe they could take up the slack and act as sub-depots?

Orange seem to have a very good system going through their shops and although it's a different business (considering installation needs) maybe some of the simpler issues could be handled in the shops just as they do?

I was just thinking how convenient it would have been to not need have a gear delivered to me (re "Samsung..." thread). Perhaps it would have been nice to just pop into town and pick the gear up from the local shop instead?
then maybe I wouldn't be chewing my nails and hoping a quickstart kit comes with my delivery.

Seeing as eco warriors rule today it's probably cost effective and energy efficient too :-)

Sheesh, maybe I should have just visited them instead of ringing and had someone to talk to directly?

Like I said, that's probably very naive of me to say that but it seemed like a good thing to say just in case it might help :-)

Regards,

Keith

jb66
15-06-2010, 20:49
Does sound good, like tesco direct

browney
15-06-2010, 20:55
Good idea.

graeme2b
15-06-2010, 21:02
the stores can do broadband quickstarts in store. But thats all no other equipment

k.e.jones
15-06-2010, 21:15
Hi,

Well at least I might be able to visit if the Quickstart kit doesn't arrive then ;-)

It seems to work really well for Orange. Not only did I get two upgrades done in the space of ten minutes each but, when I turned up for the second one, the guy remembered me and pointed out a new iPhone case they'd started stocking based on comments I'd made about needing something "armoured" to protect my phone at work.

I'd have really loved it if I knew I could to the local store and get the same hands-on experience.

With a little bit of work maybe it might help ease some change in for people? It's pretty obvious that it's overdue for both staff and customers!

Keith