PDA

View Full Version : Cables and boxes on the outer wall

Ruki
14-06-2010, 19:17
I moved recently and I'm a Virgin Media customer. There's 3 plastic boxes on the outer walls of my house and lots of cables hanging around.

Not the greatest install job in the world.

I've noticed that one of the boxes installed on the front wall is being used to send the signal to my next door neighbor.

Just wondering if VM would be willing to remove it?

Thanks

GordonD
14-06-2010, 19:42
I moved recently and I'm a Virgin Media customer. There's 3 plastic boxes on the outer walls of my house and lots of cables hanging around.

Not the greatest install job in the world.

I've noticed that one of the boxes installed on the front wall is being used to send the signal to my next door neighbor.

Just wondering if VM would be willing to remove it?

Thanks

You say 3 boxes, are they feeding 3 properties seperately?

It may be that the box has been put there as that is where the duct came in for yours & the other 2 properties. Do you have any photo's so people can see what you can see? :)

weesteev
14-06-2010, 21:28
You say 3 boxes, are they feeding 3 properties seperately?

It may be that the box has been put there as that is where the duct came in for yours & the other 2 properties. Do you have any photo's so people can see what you can see? :)

Exactly what I would have said. 3 Omni boxes on the outside of your property would suggest that you live in a block of around 4? (2 upper, 2 lower), generally if this is the case then 1 Tee will supply 4 feeds up the centre border of the front gardens meaning anything up to 4 Omni boxes on the outer wall (depending on the amount of customers and services in the block).

Add a photo and we can confirm if you like?

Hope this helps

;)