PDA

View Full Version : Slow broadband in Glasgow.

kandinsky
13-06-2010, 11:38
I m experiencing very slow speeds in Glasgow, and cant get to Virgins page which shows if there are any probs in this area.
Does anyone know if theres an outage?

:)

Rankrotten
13-06-2010, 11:59
Which part of the city, it's fine for me in the west end.

kandinsky
13-06-2010, 12:04
Which part of the city, it's fine for me in the west end.

Typical.... I post here and 5 mins later its ok.

I m in the west end too.

ty for the reply.

thedavid2007
21-06-2010, 09:16
Typical.... I post here and 5 mins later its ok.

I m in the west end too.

ty for the reply.

I'm in the Glasgow area and often get loss of broadband between 5-7pm. I've had a guy out to replace my modem and it makes no difference. I never get any problems early in the morning. So my guess is that it has something to do with the number of users online. When it gets to teatime, I just download one file at a time because I know that Ready-LED will start flashing at any moment and that means "you've been kicked off the system mate".

kandinsky
21-06-2010, 12:41
This happens to me to at teatime. Its just slows to a crawl. And I dont download much of anything, just browsing most of the time. Are we being throttled?, or do we just have to put up with it?

:(

thedavid2007
22-06-2010, 15:45
This happens to me to at teatime. Its just slows to a crawl. And I dont download much of anything, just browsing most of the time. Are we being throttled?, or do we just have to put up with it?

:(

If you think about internet users being like car drivers on the roads, then it's very similar. More drivers at peak times, queues, traffic lights, and most of all SPEED LIMITS. Virgin don't have the infrastructure to support its users. But they will try to get as many users on that system as possible because it means more money. The traffic congestion is something the users just have to put up with. On top of this, they advertise new faster broadband packages.