PDA

View Full Version : Registration failed when setting up voiptalk account with siemens gigaset c475ip

mikemcguigan
10-06-2010, 22:44
Hi there,

I hope someone may be able to help. I have a Siemens Gigaset C475IP phone setup with a sipgate voip already registered OK.

I'm now working from home and need a seperate work number so have signed up for a VoIPtalk account as they had a config guide on their support site specifically for the C475IP units.

Whenever I try and configure the VoIPtalk account using the browser interface I get a message, 'Registration failed'.

I have been able to use the VoIPtalk account but only when using a softphone app. I thought this may be OK as a workaround, but then discovered I can't get incoming calls when connected to the work secure network as all traffic is routed through the office broadband and this causes too much of a delay.

Environment info:

PO16 area (ex-ntl)
50Mb service
D-Link DIR-615 HW D2 FW 4.11
VoIP phone - Siemens Gigaset C475IP

Had the problem with the original FW 1.0 and was advised to upgrade by VoIPtalk support. This hasn't helped.

Would anyone have any ideas? Probably a long shot, but thought it was worth a try.

Thanks,
Mike.

Kymmy
11-06-2010, 08:36
Without knowing the setup as to how the office is set up for internet then no-one will be able to help. Please detail what modem, what router, what sort of VM account you're on.

caph
12-06-2010, 17:00
I can't think of anything I'm afraid but I can tell you that I am registered with VOIPtalk and have had no problems with my Draytek Vigor router. I don't have to open ports and I don't have to alter NAT settings. It works with the softphone on my PC, the SIP client software on my Windows Mobile phone, and my standard phone using the Draytek's built in SIP adapter. So it's been thoroughly tested in my home both hard wired and wireless.

I suppose you could try disabling the firewall and all intrusion prevention facilities on your router if you have any enabled.

Zhadnost
14-06-2010, 09:09
Coo. a local.

This may be better placed on uk.telecom.voip, Do you use voiptalks NAT proxy?
(nat.voiptalk.org)

Have you routed your incoming number to your SIP account using voiptalk's control panel?

Some Voip handsets require you to register using different incoming ports for each account, have you tried changing this?

mikemcguigan
14-06-2010, 19:05
Kymmy, I'm not sure what the office broadband has to do with my phone configuration.

The only thing affected when using the work secure vpn is the work laptop and any network traffic associated with that. The phone and other computers on my network still go direct through my broadband.

Anyway, after spending about an hour on the phone with VoIPtalk this morning, it seems that some routers can be a little more fussy than others with regards to the Outbound proxy mode setting. When choosing VoIPtalk as the provider this is set to to Auto and proxy id set to nat.voiptalk.org automatically.

Changing the mode from Auto to Always has allowed the account to be registered properly.

All is working well now, quite impressed with the sound quality to be honest.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Cheers,
Mike.