PDA

View Full Version : can i swap v+ box for mine

wolverine61
07-06-2010, 17:40
hi i have the old samsung v box smt-2110c, the people across the rd have moved out and they have thrown out a scientific-atlanta v+ hd box it has a the new red virgin card in the back but no remote control, i dont have an hd account with virgin just the normal account will i be able to use this box???

Stephen
07-06-2010, 17:46
No you will not, the box is tied to their account.

They should not be throwing it out though. It is still VM property.

Peter_
07-06-2010, 17:50
It is quite possible that the people who have thrown out the box will be billed for it as they expect all V+ boxes to be returned so they may get a surprise courtesy of Virginmedia's billing section.:D

wolverine61
07-06-2010, 17:55
ok thanx, i totally agree i hate the fact that people just lob stuff out but i did think it might be some use to me i hate waste, i see the virgin guys in my street now and again would it be worth giving it to him or ringing them up? i cant see them coming out special to pick it up though.

Peter_
07-06-2010, 18:09
ok thanx, i totally agree i hate the fact that people just lob stuff out but i did think it might be some use to me i hate waste, i see the virgin guys in my street now and again would it be worth giving it to him or ringing them up? i cant see them coming out special to pick it up though.
If you are ok storing the box then retrieve it and give to the next engineer who you see in the road.