PDA

View Full Version : connection problems

andyharris
31-05-2010, 16:27
hi guys I'm new here and I'm not very technical so please bare with me haha,

I've been having a few technical problems with my internet connection since the 3rd may 2010, I've got the little dark purple/black modem from Virgin and the ready light keeps flickering away and i have no connection and the sync light is solid, I've been told by tech people on the phone to log into the modem by going to 192.168.100.1 and checking both the event log and status, the connection status says not synchronized and the event log keeps showing a ranging failed T3- timed out message

I've h ad 3 engineers out and they have all told me that they will get someone higher to come out and fix the problem but they have reported back saying the problem was resolved! I've had a 45 min chat and argument with a manager about this aswell who finally got a principle engineer out to check this, who again checked everything and finally got the ready light solid and they reset the modem and the ready light started flickering again, he then said he'd have to get someone else out to fix it.......but again it was reported fixed!!!! now I'm getting really annoyed, I'm paying for a 20mb connection and getting nothing

what do I need to do to get this fixed? my modem has been changed 4 times by the engineers and the principle engineer but today is the 31st may 2010 and I am still no where near getting this fixed please help

pip08456
31-05-2010, 20:32
To help us to help you could you poat the following.

Upstream/downstream stats

Full event log

Remove any MAC addy shown.

I find it easy to keep the formatting if I copy and paste each modem page into one page of notepad then copy and paste that page into the forum reply box.

Peter_
31-05-2010, 20:39
To help us to help you could you poat the following.

Upstream/downstream stats

Full event log

Remove any MAC addy shown.

I find it easy to keep the formatting if I copy and paste each modem page into one page of notepad then copy and paste that page into the forum reply box.
Click this link to login http://192.168.100.1/ and you may be asked for a username and password which are both "root"

pip08456
31-05-2010, 21:39
Click this link to login http://192.168.100.1/ and you may be asked for a username and password which are both "root"

As he'd already been checking the event log and status I didn't think it necessary.:D

Peter_
01-06-2010, 06:26
As he'd already been checking the event log and status I didn't think it necessary.:D
I was tired and went to bed not long afterwards.;)

pip08456
01-06-2010, 09:12
I can imagine how hard your work is in the VM support centre!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Enjoy your rest, you could be busy again!:td::td: