PDA

View Full Version : Failing to load web pages after sky install?

Monkeycoder
17-05-2010, 21:50
hey there,

Recently I got sky multi-room installed, before this i have had perfect internet connectivity, but now every third or so page fails to load and I have to close my browser and try again else it just wont show the page. It is using the same filter as the router, and if I unplug the sky cable to the filter I have perfect internet, is there anyway I can solve this other then putting in a new phone connection so that doesn't use the same filter as my router?

would this be due to internet packet data getting confused at the filter and not getting through? :S

Cheers for any help you guys can give,

Benny.

Paul K
19-05-2010, 07:12
When Sky TV was installed did they plug the telephone lead from the Sky tv box into the filter or behind the filter as the sky tv lead is just a splitter and not a filter in itself? if it's into the filter then the filter may be faulty and needs replacing.

andymo
05-06-2010, 23:09
When Sky TV was installed did they plug the telephone lead from the Sky tv box into the filter or behind the filter as the sky tv lead is just a splitter and not a filter in itself? if it's into the filter then the filter may be faulty and needs replacing.

How often will you need to replace the filters? I have a friend with such a similar issue, when the T.V was installed they plugged the telephone lead into the sky T.V box filter.