PDA

View Full Version : Installation charge for installing V+ HD?

yogi123
17-05-2010, 16:31
Apologies if this has already been discussed.

I've had virgin media cable broadband and phone for a year or so. Today I added a TV service with a V+ HD box.

VM want to charge a £35 'installation' fee. What is the engineer actually going to do? If hes just going to split the coax that goes from the white VM box to my modem, then I can easily do that my self.

I talked to a lady over the weekend who said I could do it myself, but today when I rang they were adamant I couldn't. Is there a difference (with regards to installation) between the normal TV boxes and the V+HD box?

Thanks in advance for you comments.

Digital Fanatic
18-05-2010, 10:35
Apologies if this has already been discussed.

I've had virgin media cable broadband and phone for a year or so. Today I added a TV service with a V+ HD box.

VM want to charge a £35 'installation' fee. What is the engineer actually going to do? If hes just going to split the coax that goes from the white VM box to my modem, then I can easily do that my self.

I talked to a lady over the weekend who said I could do it myself, but today when I rang they were adamant I couldn't. Is there a difference (with regards to installation) between the normal TV boxes and the V+HD box?

Thanks in advance for you comments.

Hi and :welcome:

adding another service to your address would require a tech visit as signal levels may need adjusting after the wall splitter was changed... has your property had cable before you had it installed?

Self install is only really a option if you are changing a box over or a install in a property that already has the outlets set up, ready for connection... plus you still have to pay for the self install.

maddoggy
28-07-2010, 04:51
is hd cable included in set up cost

Digital Fanatic
28-07-2010, 12:05
is hd cable included in set up cost

HDMI cable is included, yes.