PDA

View Full Version : Self-defeating volume control!

Pofadda
14-05-2010, 17:09
This seems to have been addressed in another thread but fails differently on my new box.

Eng came and installed the new Samsung V+ box, gave a rapid run-through. After he left I encountered the message about how to set up the volume control on the new remote to also do the TV's volume.

The instructions say to press volume+ and mute buttons, wait for the green light to flash twice and then enter the 4-digit number (3670 for my Sony). This fails as, on pressing the two volume controls, the message box appears warning me about the need to do what I had just done to set up the remote's TV volume control...

Two calls to Avonline, the installers, only gave me an answerphone, hence the post.

What do I do to sort this out, please?

WooLLsterQ
14-05-2010, 18:59
* and TV buttons together for 2 seconds, until the remote light flashes twice (Green).

enter "Sony" code then press ok. Remote will flash twice again (Green).

point remote at tv and press and hold standby on remote and wait until tv turns off, as soon as it does release the standby and press ok.

All done as long as you have the "new" remote??

Pofadda
14-05-2010, 20:06
Thanks for responding but I seem to have not made myself very clear.

It is precisely while doing this (except that the Samsung remote - VM09KRC, to its friends - requires the said Vol+ and mute keys pressed, not the TV, etc. keys) that the message box intervenes, telling me to press OK to continue. Thereafter the first 3 digits of the Sony code are directed to the channel search and the non-existence of channel 367 displayed!

Jonnymeg
14-05-2010, 20:25
Ok just ignore the message on the TV. The green light should flash twice on the remote.
Enter the code then hold down the power button (with the remote pointed at the tv) until the Tv turns off.
When it does release the power button and press select.

Job done.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Ok, sorry i didn't read that enitrely.

Please look at this thread...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/New-V-remote-volume-control-for-TV-instructions-don-t-work/td-p/42949

Pofadda
15-05-2010, 02:26
Well, I now finally don't get the 'Volume' message, so the 3670 must really have been the correct number for Sony. Hooray! But the volume controls still don't change the volume. Bummer. What have I missed now?

On the slip that came with the remote (which I found hidden in the Samsung cardboard box) I see a long list of other, 3-digit, numbers - about a dozen for Sony kit. Are they relevant to this problem?

Ben B
15-05-2010, 02:35
Maybe this could be of some assistance http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=54960ED6-D796-4AEF-9887-5E67289E1EA3