PDA

View Full Version : Need to replace my router...

xthedarkhourx
09-05-2010, 13:20
My wireless router has recently started making a very high pitched noise, it seems to still work fine but the noise is starting to annoy me so I'm going to replace it. It was originally provided by VM for free when I first joined.

I just wondered whether anyone knew whether VM would replace it or whether I should just go out and buy myself a new one? Thanks! :)

speedfreak
09-05-2010, 13:44
Im quite certain they will replace it, ring them and ask, you dont want to risk a housefire :) maybe someone who works for VM will tell you for sure on here

Peter_
09-05-2010, 15:07
As long as it is still listed on the account we will replace it.

When you call up also say that it feels quite warm and the is a faint burning smell as well.;)

speedfreak
09-05-2010, 15:09
As long as it is still listed on the account we will replace it.

When yo cal up also say that it feels quite warm and the is a faint burning smell as well.;)

dont forget a bit of smoke :D

Andrewcrawford23
09-05-2010, 17:09
dont forget a bit of smoke :D

Might as well add in a some flames to ;) it aint first time i have heard of one goign on fire literally i am sure soeone said to me once that they had a all where they had to call the fire bridge out because it really caught fire

xthedarkhourx
09-05-2010, 17:17
If I'm going with the burning smell, smoke and flames I may as well go the whole way and say the whole house went with it! :-) Will give CS a call tomorrow evening.

speedfreak
09-05-2010, 17:48
Might as well add in a some flames to ;) it aint first time i have heard of one goign on fire literally i am sure soeone said to me once that they had a all where they had to call the fire bridge out because it really caught fire

I saw something similar on vm's forum, very reassuring! think i'll have to start unplugging mine at night :shocked:

broadbandking
10-05-2010, 09:06
If I'm going with the burning smell, smoke and flames I may as well go the whole way and say the whole house went with it! :-) Will give CS a call tomorrow evening.

You need to ring faults on 151.