PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for "Construction Issue"

dudload
30-04-2010, 17:53
Hi All,

At the beginning of March i applied to have 50MB installed in my flat in the EC2 area of London. When the spotter came round, he said he would need to repull, and an engineer was sent out 1 week later, who confirmed that this was the case.

The install was scheduled for 1 week later, and on the day of install I received a letter saying it would now be the 30th March and just before then i got a call saying it was cancelled and they had a "construction issue" where they needed permission from the council to lift up some yorkstone slabs. The max waiting time for permission and install to happen was 6 weeks, i was told.

Well, 6 weeks later from the initial install date and Virgin still havent contacted me with a date. Just called the helpdesk today and they said i should call back in another week, and then "maybe think about cancelling".

Is anyone able to help on this and find out what the problem is?? Please??

Digital Fanatic
30-04-2010, 18:03
Hi All,

At the beginning of March i applied to have 50MB installed in my flat in the EC2 area of London. When the spotter came round, he said he would need to repull, and an engineer was sent out 1 week later, who confirmed that this was the case.

The install was scheduled for 1 week later, and on the day of install I received a letter saying it would now be the 30th March and just before then i got a call saying it was cancelled and they had a "construction issue" where they needed permission from the council to lift up some yorkstone slabs. The max waiting time for permission and install to happen was 6 weeks, i was told.

Well, 6 weeks later from the initial install date and Virgin still havent contacted me with a date. Just called the helpdesk today and they said i should call back in another week, and then "maybe think about cancelling".

You'll need to call installs again... they need to chase the constuction team... when I worked for faults many moons ago, it was something I had to do on the odd occassion.

Ask them to call construction (9am-5pm) and find out what's happening. (It's probably going to be Tuesday now as it's a bank holiday weekend now.)

HTH

mikegreen
04-05-2010, 12:29
Hi All,

You might end up having to chase multiple times, get given multiple assurances that someone will call you back and suffer multiple aggro when you don't get the call promised.

I ended up sending a polite (but firm) email to the CEO and this seemed to kick start things for me but YMMV.

Good luck with getting a sppedy resolution, it's worth the wait if you end up with a service you are happy with IMO.