PDA

View Full Version : VM won't let them cancel?

usuck22
29-04-2010, 19:19
My Son and Girlfriend have been with VM for several months now and have the package with them, Broadband, TV and Phone. Since they first started with VM they have had nothing but trouble with the Broadband. It has gone off several times over the last few months. Today the engineer came and said he had fixed the problem but 2 hours later it was off again!!! My Son phoned them up and said he wanted to cancel as VM had not kept to the contract. Customer services told him that he can only cancel his Broadband not his Phone and TV? They told him he would have to pay a cancellation fee?They said that even though he got the package they class it as 3 separate items? As far as I am concerned they bought a package and VM have not kept to their end of the bargain. You cannot call it a package and then say its 3 separate items? I am contacting my Solicitor tomorrow. Has anyone else had this problem:mad:

BenMcr
29-04-2010, 19:28
The bundle is the price for the 3 services, however the services are seperate.

If you cancel any of the 3 services then an Early Disconnection Fee applies which is calculated for each service cancelled

I suggest you read this section of the T&Cs http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/oncable/terms.html#j

If you end this agreement before the end of the minimum period for any of the services (other than in the circumstances outlined in section K or paragraph J5), you must immediately pay (to Virgin Media Payments) the balance of the line rental (if this applies) or the monthly charges (or both) that you would have paid for the rest of the minimum period for each separate service (based on the line rental and monthly charges that you are paying when your agreements end).

usuck22
29-04-2010, 19:35
Where exactly on there does it say packages are classed as three separate items? Its a load of [Mod Edit (Rob M)] and you know it. It is a package.

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

I shall see what my Solicitor says tomorrow.

martyh
29-04-2010, 19:39
Where exactly on there does it say packages are classed as three separate items? Its a load of [Mod Edit (Rob M)] and you know it. It is a package.

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

I shall see what my Solicitor says tomorrow.

paragraph 3 as i read it

usuck22
29-04-2010, 19:48
It still does not say that they class a package as 3 separate items. I have just spoken to a Guy at BT who say VM are talking rubbish and to get my Solicitor to look at it tomorrow.

Ben B
29-04-2010, 19:49
You seem to know a lot of 'guy's' and 'people' who agree with your opinion so why come on here just to slag VM off?

Sirius
29-04-2010, 19:51
It still does not say that they class a package as 3 separate items. I have just spoken to a Guy at BT who say VM are talking rubbish and to get my Solicitor to look at it tomorrow.

Hope that does not cost to much if you are wrong. But i think you will find BT will say that on the grounds they hope they will jump ship to BT.

usuck22
29-04-2010, 19:59
It wont cost me anything as I work for a Solicitor.

Raistlin
29-04-2010, 20:00
That's good to hear, please be sure to let us know how you get on - it will be interesting to see the eventual outcome of any legal action you take as it will (obviously) have implications for a number of other VM customers.

usuck22
29-04-2010, 20:01
My son is going to BT whether VM like it or not!!!

Ben B
My son is going to BT whether VM like it or not!!!
Good for your son :)

Raistlin
Super, I hope he has better luck with BT than he has had with VM :tu:

martyh
29-04-2010, 20:06
i think your son and girlfriend should speak to someone in the "i'm thinking of leaving"department explain what has happened and give them a reasonable chance to rectify any faults i had a intermittent fault for 6 months which eventually got sorted when vm were upgrading the lines ,the point is some faults aren't easy to fix and take a lot of trial and error to find what is wrong ,and don't be fooled into thinking that sky or BT will be any better they are all the same imo

usuck22
29-04-2010, 20:18
Ha! My husband has just been talking to our Neighbour who used to be with VM and he said that he had the package but after a few months decided he didn't want the Broadband. He wanted to keep the TV and phone but not the Broadband. He rang them up and told them he wanted to cancel the broadband and was told that as it was a package he bought he could not cancel the broadband and keep the TV and Phone.He was told he could cancel all 3 but would have to pay a cancellation fee? Their exact words were "it comes as a package"?? So when is a package not a package? When VM decide it's not!

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Sorry but I have been with BT for some years with no problems at all.Customer service is great too!

Ben B
29-04-2010, 20:20
Oh be quiet now this is getting pointless, yes you have to pay a cancellation fee if you want to cancel your services within the first 12 months but you can have contracts which are only for individual things. As your brother is having problems they are being nice and letting him ditch the broadband without a fee

martyh
29-04-2010, 20:22
Ha! My husband has just been talking to our Neighbour who used to be with VM and he said that he had the package but after a few months decided he didn't want the Broadband. He wanted to keep the TV and phone but not the Broadband. He rang them up and told them he wanted to cancel the broadband and was told that as it was a package he bought he could not cancel the broadband and keep the TV and Phone.He was told he could cancel all 3 but would have to pay a cancellation fee? Their exact words were "it comes as a package"?? So when is a package not a package? When VM decide it's not!

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Sorry but I have been with BT for some years with no problems at all.Customer service is great too!

maybe you should have advised then to go with BT then and avoid all the hassle

usuck22
29-04-2010, 20:24
Being nice!!!!! What after his broadband has gone off 15 times in 6 months!!!! Don't talk stupid. Now get back to your call centre or VM will be docking your wages!

Ben B
29-04-2010, 20:25
Being nice!!!!! What after his broadband has gone off 15 times in 6 months!!!! Don't talk stupid. Now get back to your call centre or VM will be docking your wages!
I don't work for VM so there would be no wages to dock ;)

Sirius
29-04-2010, 20:26

:LOL:

usuck22
29-04-2010, 20:27
No course you don't!!!

martyh
29-04-2010, 20:27

i don't see the point in coming on this forum just to bitch at VM .There are a lot of very good and knowledgeable poster here and a civilized question may have helped you and your son a lot more than just slagging VM off

usuck22
29-04-2010, 20:29
Bye!!!

Raistlin
29-04-2010, 20:30
Enough, everybody - play nicely please.

People have problems with their broadband services, it happens and it's a pain in the backside, but it's an inevitable fact of life.

There are people on this Forum that could help you and your son get this resolved quickly and with a minimum of effort, and would probably have done so if you'd come here asking for assistance rather than just launching into negative attacks on VM and anybody that's offered any suggestions/comment on your posts.
Now, I'm going to suggest to you that if you want assistance with your issues then I you might wish to adjust your attitude. To everybody else I'm going to suggest that if they've got nothing constructive to offer by way of comment they need to move on.

Sirius
29-04-2010, 20:30
Bye!!!

Thanks

:clap::clap:

speedfreak
29-04-2010, 20:32
everyone of us work for VM on here but then you know that. We are having a great laugh about this in the office right now

edit: sorry Rob, missed your post