PDA

View Full Version : Am i being robbed?

Danny C 2k
28-04-2010, 21:38
Hello,

I feel that i am paying far too much for my virgin media services. And am looking to see if there is anything that can be done about it. I am on the 10MB broadband solo bundle since December 2008. Look at this months bill.

Total service charges
£12.33

Includes VAT at the appropriate rate(s)

Refunds and adjustments
£-16.67

Main services (Provided by Virgin Media Ltd) £-16.67
Description Date/period Amount
Partial Months Service 22 February - 13 March £-16.67

Advance charges
£30.00

Main services (Provided by Virgin Media Ltd or Virgin Media Payments Ltd) £30.00
Payment Handling Charge 14 April - 13 May £5.00
Broadband Size: L 14 April - 13 May £25.00

Other charges
£-1.00

Charges and credits (Provided by Virgin Media Ltd) £-1.00
E Bill Discount 22 February - 13 March £0.00
E Bill Discount 14 April - 13 May £-1.00

Like, if i dont pay the bill on time. It goes from 25 pound a month.. to 40.
I see people getting 'L' broadband for far less than 30 pound so whats the deal?
Sorry if i come off as a bit rude just it annoys me. Im always getting disconnected etc.. Daniel

Ben B
28-04-2010, 21:46
It should be £20 a month without a landline, the extra charges are probably late payment fees and you are also paying £5 extra for a non direct debit charge. Would it not be possible for you to switch to direct debit and then you wouldn't have problems with late payments and it would cost you at least £5 less?

Danny C 2k
28-04-2010, 21:52
Right so when i signed up it was 17.50 for the 1st 3 months and then 25.00 thereafter. Thats okay.
Why am i paying 25 when others pay 20 ?
I understand the 5 pound charge for a non DD. But ill get the bill sent out, it will take a week to arrive, thats usually the due date. Then i go to pay it at a paypoint and then the next months bill has a late payment charge. Which comes late and then i get another payment charge etc..

Its frustrating, is there any way for me to get some discount on this bill? I thought you got some discount if you were with them for a good period of time. Ive been with them for 16 months now..

jb66
28-04-2010, 22:39
Right so when i signed up it was 17.50 for the 1st 3 months and then 25.00 thereafter. Thats okay.
Why am i paying 25 when others pay 20 ?
I understand the 5 pound charge for a non DD. But ill get the bill sent out, it will take a week to arrive, thats usually the due date. Then i go to pay it at a paypoint and then the next months bill has a late payment charge. Which comes late and then i get another payment charge etc..

Its frustrating, is there any way for me to get some discount on this bill? I thought you got some discount if you were with them for a good period of time. Ive been with them for 16 months now..

Pay on time and pay by DD

broadbandking
28-04-2010, 23:06
That would only make it £25, you need to call up and ask for another deal if there is one for you, as your on a old deal which is correct, just other people have other deals, you had the deal that it was when you joined

pip08456
29-04-2010, 13:45
If you don't pay on time you lose the discount.

joglynne
29-04-2010, 15:06
If you still want to pay your bill the way you do at the moment why not sign up for e-billing. At least that way you will get an email letting you know your bill is ready for you to see on line and not have a postal delay to contend with.

Although copies of your old bills are kept on your account you can always save it to your computer or even print it out if you want a hard copy.

https://my.virginmedia.com/dashboard/start