PDA

View Full Version : Telephone line busy? (Multiroom)

Azza88UK
18-04-2010, 15:14
Hi everyone, i have multiroom normal Sky downstairs and Sky+ upstairs, they are both plugged into the phoneline. The Sky upstairs shows the phoneline is connected but the downstairs Sky shows its busy which currently no one is on the phone.

The problem is ive changed filters and even just plugged the downstairs Sky into the Bt box on the wall on its own and still says "Telephoneline is busy" so which im guessing theres an internal problem.

So has anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you

Paul K
18-04-2010, 15:35
Call sky, could be a broken modem in the box. Leave just the Sky tv and telephone plugged in and give them a call or they will whine when one of the boxes doesn't call home.

Azza88UK
18-04-2010, 16:03
Call sky, could be a broken modem in the box. Leave just the Sky tv and telephone plugged in and give them a call or they will whine when one of the boxes doesn't call home.

Ye they've already started whining by sending me a letter, i got to call them tomorrow about it as they're sending the box a signal and told me to call them tomorrow. I'll mention about the modem and see what they say.

Thanks for the help :)

Lord Nikon
18-04-2010, 17:57
Try swapping the modem cables on the boxes.

Azza88UK
21-04-2010, 13:57
I decided to get HD+ and swap it with the normal skybox. However im slight confused on the HD package im getting with it for £10 per month. I heard that the package only contains HD channels of normal channels im currently getting. So e.g. im currently im paying £10 for skyports per month and in the HD package will i get skysports in hd?

So could someone explain me it to me please?

Thanks

Paul K
21-04-2010, 18:35
If you have a channel in your subscription (eg Sky sports) and it has a HD channel available then you get that channel. You do not get all the HD channels just by paying the £10 per month.
So if you have channels like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel in your subscription package you will get those HD channels too. If you do not have a channel in your package you do not get the HD for it.

Azza88UK
21-04-2010, 19:14
If you have a channel in your subscription (eg Sky sports) and it has a HD channel available then you get that channel. You do not get all the HD channels just by paying the £10 per month.
So if you have channels like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel in your subscription package you will get those HD channels too. If you do not have a channel in your package you do not get the HD for it.

Oh right i think i get you, so i still have to pay £10 for skysports and £10 to have it in HD?

andymo
05-06-2010, 23:13
Have you tried interchanging the modem cables like Lord Nikon said. I sure that might just do the trick.

Azza88UK
05-06-2010, 23:42
Have you tried interchanging the modem cables like Lord Nikon said. I sure that might just do the trick.

Wayyyyyyyy to late, i got Sky HD now lol

andymo
06-06-2010, 22:09
Wayyyyyyyy to late, i got Sky HD now lol
Good for you then!lol. Download Failed (1)