PDA

View Full Version : BT answer machine?

mhatter67
13-04-2010, 08:10
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help over the last couple of days we have been getting a phone call supposedly from BT answer machine service saying I have 2 messages? Strange the only answer machine I thought I had was on my own phone. The number was 08456021111, sorry yes I have A vm landline any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
mark

Stuart
13-04-2010, 10:44
http://www.virginmedia.com/help/telephone/virgin-media-text.php

Digital Fanatic
13-04-2010, 11:09
yeah, someone has sent you a text message to your landline.. because you haven't got it set up, it tries to send it in (robotic) speach form.

BT run the service, I believe only ExTelewest switches have the facility to get the text, NTL never had it and it's not something VM are going to roll out AFAIK.

mhatter67
13-04-2010, 13:37
yeah, someone has sent you a text message to your landline.. because you haven't got it set up, it tries to send it in (robotic) speach form.

BT run the service, I believe only ExTelewest switches have the facility to get the text, NTL never had it and it's not something VM are going to roll out AFAIK.

Hi Digital Fanatic,

Yes I am on old NTL switch(luton), how will I delete these messages just ring the above number and press delete on each text message :confused:

to opt out of text messages do I have to

Opting out of receiving texts
Dial 0800 587 5252 from the phone you wish to ‘opt’ out and choose option 1

This above option seems to be outdated it seems now to be option 5 (according to my dad)
regards
mark

Digital Fanatic
13-04-2010, 13:55
Hi Digital Fanatic,

Yes I am on old NTL switch(luton), how will I delete these messages just ring the above number and press delete on each text message :confused:

to opt out of text messages do I have to

Opting out of receiving texts
Dial 0800 587 5252 from the phone you wish to ‘opt’ out and choose option 1

regards
mark

Yeah, once you opt out, you shouldn't recieve any more.

mhatter67
13-04-2010, 14:05
Yeah, once you opt out, you shouldn't recieve any more.

Has anybody ever called you a star :)

thanks
mark

Digital Fanatic
13-04-2010, 14:12
Has anybody ever called you a star :)

thanks
mark

oooh once or twice :blush: :D