PDA

View Full Version : Telephone issue

isaac_624
11-04-2010, 11:27
Hi,

I scheduled for a self installation since I needed the services immediately and the previous tenant of the flat had all three services already. I was told all I needed to do was connect everything, call in and everything will work.

I did this, called in, and the broadband and the TV works wonderful. The telephone does not and was told that it could take up to 24 hours.

24 hours later, still not working. I Called back in and they said they need to send a technician out to "flip a switch" and that the earliest this could be is Friday (very unsatisfied). When I talked to someone in customer service, they said they do not even see a telephone package on my account.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to try and fix this on my own or anything else that maybe helpful?

Ben B
11-04-2010, 12:56
:welcome: to the forum,

The phone service needs activating at the exchange so you couldn't do anything yourself to get it working. You could try posting on the community forum in the telephone section here (http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Telephone/bd-p/Telephone) and the technical support on there might be able to speed things along a little for you or try ringing 151 and keep pestering them to try and get an earlier date.

Ben :)

isaac_624
11-04-2010, 13:11
Thanks Ben,

I went ahead and posted on the other forum. I would have done things differently if I was not told that all I needed to do is plug it in and they could connect it remotely. But I could not call 151 since it is my phone that is not working. I did try and call and get them to call me back, even telling them I was running low on credit, but they refused to do that. I spent £5 in 24 hours just to get connected. I just do not understand that since the previous tenant had hers cancel on Saturday morning and mine was going to be activated Saturday morning, why they would flip the switch outside.

Ben B
11-04-2010, 13:53
Ooops, that's me being completely stupid of course you can't ring 151 :doh: :dunce: haha. Well that is a strange one, are you having your number ported or is it a new number your having?

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Looks like you haven't been listed as having the phone line by the reply. Looks like your going to have to call them for one

isaac_624
11-04-2010, 14:07
This is a new number. I just moved to England in February. And that is the strange thing, when i called to activate on Saturday, they guy mentioned that he was activating the phone and it will take 24 hours. Today, the guy said that he will send a technical service to fix this issue. And the contract I signed shows the phone line on there. I even confirmed on Friday that I was having all 3. That is why I am confused. Thank you for all your help Ben

Ben B
11-04-2010, 14:32
Yell at Customer Services then or fill in the online form and get it ordered in, if there is any confusion they will call you http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/existingCustomer.html

Digital Fanatic
11-04-2010, 17:54
Sounds like your E-side has been used for another install, this can happen sometimes when a line goes out of service.

a tech will be required to connect you to a new E-side in the cab.

:welcome: to the forum !

isaac_624
12-04-2010, 09:50
I wrote to the technical support people on another forum and found that they did not even record that I am getting a phone line. What should I do about this besides re-ordering the phone line?

Like I mentioned, the contract I signed shows I have a phone and when I did order, i order the XL phone and the guy repeated it to me.

Did anyone else have this much issue when going to virgin and getting all three packages?

Flyboy
12-04-2010, 14:14
Thanks Ben,

I went ahead and posted on the other forum. I would have done things differently if I was not told that all I needed to do is plug it in and they could connect it remotely. But I could not call 151 since it is my phone that is not working. I did try and call and get them to call me back, even telling them I was running low on credit, but they refused to do that...

That's a bit odd. Did they say why?

.....I spent £5 in 24 hours just to get connected. I just do not understand that since the previous tenant had hers cancel on Saturday morning and mine was going to be activated Saturday morning, why they would flip the switch outside.

Not bad when you consider the what it would have costed, if you had had a visited install.

isaac_624
12-04-2010, 15:42
They said it was against their policy to call back. Also, I am on the phone now. They never added the phone to my account, they were not giving me the 2 months free like they said they would. And the earliest they can come out and do my phone will be the 28th of April. I finally asked to talk to the manager which did give me the first two months of no charge, and credited me back £10 for the credit i used to call. But still, I have to now wait till the 28th (yesterday when I called about my phone activation, the guy said that he didn't see anything wrong and will send a tech out on Friday, but unfortunately, he didn't put the work schedule in). Even with being credited these things, I still feel left out without a phone.

Flyboy
12-04-2010, 16:10
They said it was against their policy to call back.

Hmm, it must have changed.

Also, I am on the phone now. They never added the phone to my account, they were not giving me the 2 months free like they said they would. And the earliest they can come out and do my phone will be the 28th of April. I finally asked to talk to the manager which did give me the first two months of no charge, and credited me back £10 for the credit i used to call.

That's a good result.

But still, I have to now wait till the 28th (yesterday when I called about my phone activation, the guy said that he didn't see anything wrong and will send a tech out on Friday, but unfortunately, he didn't put the work schedule in). Even with being credited these things, I still feel left out without a phone.

That is cause for a complaint. I would never stand for such poor service myself. Three weeks to get connected, especially as you had been promised that it would only take twenty-four hours, is a disgrace. Personally, I would take this much further.