PDA

View Full Version : Sky+ HD Lock The Front Panel?

Graham M
05-04-2010, 12:14
Is it possible to lock the front panel buttons and only have it accessible via the remote, my cat keeps walking over the damned thing and managing to press the power button (which is on the top) and causing my recordings to clash :dunce:

ozsat
05-04-2010, 13:29
Put some drawing pins across the top of it!

Seriously - the movement and jolts cause by the cat will not do you hard disc a lot of good.

There is not a locking system for the panel.

multiskilled
05-04-2010, 13:39
I don't think you can lock the buttons on the box. Perhaps a deterrent to keep the cat away may help some sort of citrus smell usually works as cats don't like it.
Try orange peel looks a bit unsightly but a cheap way to find out if it works,I'm sure there will be some thing you can buy for this type of problem.
Just found this http://www.deteracat.co.uk/indoor-cat-deterrent-sprayer.html

ozsat
05-04-2010, 13:47
I think the point being made is - the problem is stopping your cat jumping on the box ;)

In anycase - the Sky+ box should still dual record when in standby. I've never had a problem with Sky+ or HD+.

Graham M
07-04-2010, 16:29
Yes it's when she walks over it and I don't notice that it's on that causes the problem

multiskilled
07-04-2010, 20:04
Should have got a V+. :Sprint:

Graham M
07-04-2010, 23:36
Should have got a V+. :Sprint:

Nah, having tried both, my personal favourite is definitely the Sky+HD ;) But nice try :D

Tezcatlipoca
07-04-2010, 23:37
Perhaps train the cat to at least press the correct buttons & programme the Sky+HD box for you?

Ben B
08-04-2010, 00:24
Put a remote control for the DVD player on top of the box then she wont go on it, that's what I do with my cat. Though she sometimes starts miaowing cause she can't lie on there, can't win.

Paul K
08-04-2010, 08:42
Will sound weird but.... what about turning the box upside down and sitting it on a couple of coasters to leave an air gap? Probably won't help the airflow and cooling I suspect. Could get a piece of perspex to sit on top of the box and keep it slightly raised with pads?

Graham M
08-04-2010, 09:06
Will sound weird but.... what about turning the box upside down and sitting it on a couple of coasters to leave an air gap? Probably won't help the airflow and cooling I suspect. Could get a piece of perspex to sit on top of the box and keep it slightly raised with pads?

Actually the Perspex idea sounds doable it's just the box isn't completely flat on top

zing_deleted
08-04-2010, 09:09
you could if the box is out of warranty open it up and disable the switches yourself

Graham M
08-04-2010, 09:11
I did think about that, but the box is only a couple of months old

Turkey Machine
08-04-2010, 15:38

That sounds like a genius idea. But with that, putting something over the grill to stop loads of cat hair going in is a good idea also.

Hom3r
08-04-2010, 18:14
That sounds like a genius idea. But with that, putting something over the grill to stop loads of cat hair going in is a good idea also.

A cooling tray that you put hot cakes and stuff to cool on?

Plugged in to 240V :D

andymo
11-06-2010, 13:55
A cooling tray that you put hot cakes and stuff to cool on?

Plugged in to 240V :D

That is a good idea as well, i think i might just try it. Thanks alot Download Failed (1)