PDA

View Full Version : help required

pateybfc
31-03-2010, 11:15
hi everyone , i've just had virgin installed (tv and broadband) everything is set up fine but i have got a second hand ntl box for my sons room , HOW DO I CONNECT THEM ? so that my son can watch in his own room.
pleases help he is driving me bonkers !!!!

Peter_
31-03-2010, 11:18
If you have bought that box from somebody it will never work as it cannot be added to your account, if you need a 2nd box then call Virginmedia who will gladly supply and fit if required a proper box.

All equipment is owned by Virginmedia and it is illegal to sell them to a 3rd party so all you have is a expensive doorstop.

The is a thread here on Virginmedia clamping down on illegal boxes (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10/33641036-virgin-media-possibly-getting-serious-dodgy.html)

pateybfc
31-03-2010, 11:23
ok thanks, luckily it was given to me so it hasn't cost me anything, what is the charge for another box and is there an increase in monthly charges ?

Peter_
31-03-2010, 12:30
ok thanks, luckily it was given to me so it hasn't cost me anything, what is the charge for another box and is there an increase in monthly charges ?
You are best calling up as you will get the best price over the phone.;)

Digital Fanatic
31-03-2010, 17:56
yeah, it's not much more extra a month for another standard box, usually around £5.50 per month for the extra box (install charges apply and may vary)

This box will mirror your main box subscription.