PDA

View Full Version : Can't complete installation wizard

Jamie1234
23-03-2010, 17:13
Hello,

I have recently set up a Virgin Media Broadband account. I have recieved my router and all of the equipment today. I have set up the equipment as shown in the instructions. When I start the 'Smart Installation Wizard' I recieve an error message saying something a long the lines of "no ethernet adaptor present". I am writing this e-mail in the library which is quite a long walk away from my home and I have only a mobile phone without credit. This is frustrating as this leaves me unable to contact the technical support team. I was wondering whether anyone may be able to offer some advice?

Thanks.

P.S: This is my first visit to a forum ever.

Jonnymeg
23-03-2010, 17:51
Sounds like the ethernet adapter on your computer is not installed correctly? Is it disabled?

djmagnifique
23-03-2010, 21:22
Can you get a connection if you connect the modem directly to the pc?

on in an hour!
23-03-2010, 21:25
Hello,

I have recently set up a Virgin Media Broadband account. I have recieved my router and all of the equipment today. I have set up the equipment as shown in the instructions. When I start the 'Smart Installation Wizard' I recieve an error message saying something a long the lines of "no ethernet adaptor present". I am writing this e-mail in the library which is quite a long walk away from my home and I have only a mobile phone without credit. This is frustrating as this leaves me unable to contact the technical support team. I was wondering whether anyone may be able to offer some advice?

Thanks.

P.S: This is my first visit to a forum ever.

on initial set up the modem needs to be wired to the router and the pc or laptop needs to be wired from the router,you remove the hard wire when prompted ;) if youve done all this correctly then the above post should be your next move.

Jamie1234
24-03-2010, 10:14
Hey there!
For all my carping it appears that I was just being an idiot. What I needed to do was enable the network by simply right clicking the connection in network connections. I really appreciate the replies ^_^. I also found that even though I got several errors in the set up if I skipped them and continued to the activation on the web browser that it all worked fine!
Thanks again!