PDA

View Full Version : 1571 message notification

cat woman
14-03-2010, 14:39
We have recently added the free 1571 voicemail service and are considering getting a phone that has a flashing light to show that we have a message. We see that the details of these phones often refer to BT 1571 message notification - I assume that it will do the same if on a Virgin network? The thing that made me query this is that I know the dial tone when you have a message is different on BT and Virgin so I wondered if this had anything to do with it. All advice appreciated!

colin25
14-03-2010, 16:51
All advice appreciated!

Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.

That advice is free, let me know if you need more :)

Chris
14-03-2010, 17:01
That sounds quite insulting. Do you want to try re-phrasing it, as I'm sure you didn't mean to sound like you're calling catwoman stupid. ;)

colin25
14-03-2010, 17:12
OOps..not meant to say that :)

cat woman
14-03-2010, 18:13
Thanks Chris (Cable Forum Team).

Digital Fanatic
14-03-2010, 23:13
We have recently added the free 1571 voicemail service and are considering getting a phone that has a flashing light to show that we have a message. We see that the details of these phones often refer to BT 1571 message notification - I assume that it will do the same if on a Virgin network? The thing that made me query this is that I know the dial tone when you have a message is different on BT and Virgin so I wondered if this had anything to do with it. All advice appreciated!

Hi cat woman!

The message indicator phone works by picking up the line every 30 mins and checking if there is a broken dial tone (indicating a message waiting on BT and some VM switches/exchanges)

I can't think off the top of my head whether your switch only has a broken dial tone when you have a message waiting... or like the exTelewest North West region, for example, it always has a broken dial tone and has a faster tone when you have a message.

If it's like the BT indicator you will be ok... if there is always a broken tone, even when you have no message, then it won't work.

HTH :)

cat woman
15-03-2010, 17:04
Thanks Digital Fanatic for a very useful reply - I now have a new phone which flashes happily when there is a message.

Digital Fanatic
16-03-2010, 12:26
Thanks Digital Fanatic for a very useful reply - I now have a new phone which flashes happily when there is a message.

Good stuff :)