PDA

View Full Version : Spotter not turning up!

dudload
09-03-2010, 21:20
Hi All,

Just as a bit of background, ive just moved into a new conversion (from Office to residential) on a main street in London where the property next door has cable. I called Virgin who said that a spotter would need to pop round to verify that the building had been converted to residential and that there was nothing in the way of the cable pull (next doors cable is about 1m from mine). We already have the coax run down to the ground floor from inside my flat so this also shouldnt be a problem

Anyway, the spotter called 10 days later and arranged to come round between 6-8pm last night. I waited in.... nothing. Called him today and arranged the same time this evening - again nothing!

Seems strange that he keeps cancelling - can anyone help? I just want to start paying Virgin, but they dont seem to want to let me!

Regards,

Dudload

p.s. sorry for double post, i posted in wrong section earlier

fireman328
09-03-2010, 21:23
Perhaps the spotter thought it was still comercial premises ?

Kymmy
09-03-2010, 22:10
Duplicate Junked

dudload
10-03-2010, 09:06
dont know why he thought it was commercial - has flat 1-3 on the front door and im living there!!

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

besides - hes made appointments with me directly (i.e. to meet me inside the property) and hasnt turned up. shoddy business principles.

anyone know who i can contact to get this sorted?

Digital Fanatic
10-03-2010, 09:39
dont know why he thought it was commercial - has flat 1-3 on the front door and im living there!!

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

besides - hes made appointments with me directly (i.e. to meet me inside the property) and hasnt turned up. shoddy business principles.

anyone know who i can contact to get this sorted?

I'd call him again and ask why he never turned up. I don't know of any escalation route (if any) for this kind of thing... is the online postcode checker saying you can't get cable?

dudload
10-03-2010, 09:52
The problem is - he's only given me a landline and he never seems to answer. looks like its bye bye virgin (been with them for 4 years now) and hello BT.

Digital Fanatic
10-03-2010, 10:11
The problem is - he's only given me a landline and he never seems to answer. looks like its bye bye virgin (been with them for 4 years now) and hello BT.

I don't know what else to suggest.. does the online sign up allow you to order services at the address?