PDA

View Full Version : Repair Times

Margaret Gemmill
05-03-2010, 21:12
I've just had the experience of a lifetime re external cable that needs to be repaired as it was accidently dug up. In the space of three minutes, I was told that:

- the repair request had not been phoned in (when it was eight hours ago)
- that was why the promised Engineer had not turned up in the afternoon

- Engineer would now be sent out on Monday morning and someone over 10 years of age must be present at the property for the Engineer's visit.

I maintained my composure and asked for the Customer Services Complaints address as I am seriously not happy with what is deemed as Virgin Media 'Customer Service'.

So in the space of three minutes, I was a liar re earlier phone call, made aware that legal age is now 10 years + and to add insult to injury told they had now found details of the phone made eight hours earlier.

So my question is - what is the expected Repair Response time?

MovedGoalPosts
05-03-2010, 23:38
Realistically, there is no Service Level Standard. VM state in their terms of service that they don't agree to provide a completely fault free service. Equally if they do not provide a service you are entitled to credit for the complete days that a fault remains unfix, but you need to get customer services to deal with that once the fix has been applied.

But to get an engineer to attend within eight hours of your call would be an extremely good, and unusally swift response.

In these wonderful days of litigation and people making accusations at a drop of a hat, very few people will attend a domestic property if a child is in residence unaccompanied. I certainly wouldn't. That is a reflection on today's untrusting society so don't blame VM for having some basic policies.

As for the failure to log the repair request, unfortunately such things remain far too common that the call centres don't seem to apply the proper notes to calls when they should. We see those claims too many times on the firum.

moaningmags
06-03-2010, 02:14
10 years of age is wrong. It's 18.

jungleguy
06-03-2010, 06:56
I have a funny feeling you may have been speaking to a new starter,
I also think VM's out sourced cust services center's are a mistake.

Digital Fanatic
06-03-2010, 09:50
I've just had the experience of a lifetime re external cable that needs to be repaired as it was accidently dug up. In the space of three minutes, I was told that:

- the repair request had not been phoned in (when it was eight hours ago)
- that was why the promised Engineer had not turned up in the afternoon

- Engineer would now be sent out on Monday morning and someone over 10 years of age must be present at the property for the Engineer's visit.

I maintained my composure and asked for the Customer Services Complaints address as I am seriously not happy with what is deemed as Virgin Media 'Customer Service'.

So in the space of three minutes, I was a liar re earlier phone call, made aware that legal age is now 10 years + and to add insult to injury told they had now found details of the phone made eight hours earlier.

So my question is - what is the expected Repair Response time?

Sounds like someone booked it on to the wrong account if they have no record of your call. Have you lost all services including 'phone?

VM aim to get you up and running again within 48 working hrs - this excludes weekends so Monday is within SLA.