PDA

View Full Version : should I include the viewing card on my sold Sky+ box if I'm still a subscriber?

debbydonut6
05-03-2010, 14:41
Help!! I have recently moved so have had to give up my Sky service although still under contract for a few more months. I have sold my Sky+ Plus box but am wondering if I should include the viewing card as unsure if its exclusive to the box only - or if the buyer could in anyway cost me money on my account until I am able to cancel my subscription. Anyone out there that can help as I've been scouring the web for a few hours now and am totally confused!!!

dilli-theclaw
05-03-2010, 14:44
Firstly welcome :)

You should keep your card!

They will be able to get one from sky to pair to the box :tu:

debbydonut6
05-03-2010, 14:57
Thank you for your welcome & quick reply. I still don't understand why I shouldn't include the viewing card. If I understood it then I can explain to my buyer why I haven't - but it wasn't advertised with viewing card included so they can't moan.

Lord Nikon
05-03-2010, 15:17
Think of the viewing card as a credit card, and the pay per view system as items it can purchase. Believe me resetting the pin number isn't the hardest thing in the world and then work out how many purchases can be made before your next billing period.

dilli-theclaw
05-03-2010, 15:18
Your card is linked to your account - which is why you shouldn't give it away.

debbydonut6
05-03-2010, 15:25
Many thanks peeps for your responses. Technology and me don't go well together. I now understand about the viewing card but can I at least give the buyer the pin number in case they want to set up any parental controls as I (maybe unwittingly) had said I would in the auction write-up. I have never used the pin number so its still the original one allocated to the box when it was sent to me.t

Graham M
05-03-2010, 15:29
I think the Pin number is linked to your account and not the box/card as mine has remained the same through 3 different Sky boxes.

NoKnowledge
05-03-2010, 15:58
2. THE VIEWING CARD

(b) We continue to own the Viewing Card after we send it to you and you must return it when requested by us.

(d) If you give your Viewing Card to someone else, we can make the Viewing Card invalid. (http://www.skyviewinghelp.com/terms.html)

The PIN is connected to the viewing card so there is no point as when or if Sky give them a viewing card they will also get a new PIN.

debbydonut6
05-03-2010, 19:28
Many thanks everyone who replied to my question - it helped enormously :)