PDA

View Full Version : Connect Freeview Box to Laptop

Spoofy
23-02-2010, 21:48
Hello, I hope I have picked the right forum for this-if not apologies in advance.

I would like to connect my freeview box to my laptop and use that as a display screen instead of my TV as I am moving house and it would be good space wise.
I have been trying to find out if it is possible and if so what I need to get/do but am confused!
Not sure what info would be useful to help get my question answered but this is the info on my freeview box and laptop.
Freeview box:Humax PVR-9150T
SCART 1 TV, 1 VCR(RGB/YPbPr)
RF 1 Input
Data port RS-232C
Laptop: ASUS Notebook F7sr Series -Model X7OS
Adapter Type: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400
Adaptor Information
Chip Type: ATI Mobility Radeon Graphics Processor (0x94C9)
DAC Type: Internal DAC (4000MHz)
Adapter String: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400
Total Available Graphics Memory 1535 MB
Dedicated Video Memory 256 MB
System Video Memory: 0MB
Shared System Memory: 1279 MB

There are a few ports on my laptop which I have no idea what they are but there are two which have little pictures next to them one looks like a tv with old style bunny aerial ears and one looks one without-something to do with TV and monitors?? My laptop also plays blueray dvds if that means anything?
Am reluctant to go into a shop like PC world for help in case they fob me off to buy something I don’t need so any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks!
:)

andyandy
23-02-2010, 23:09
Personally I'd go for something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Adapter-Dongle-Freeview-Receiver/dp/B000OF1EJM

It come with an aerial, but believe you'd be able to connect it to a 'proper' aerial mounted on roof / in loft.

You then also have the option of recording TV to the hard disk of PC, plus the normal pause, rewind etc.

Graham M
24-02-2010, 07:51
Personally I'd go for something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Adapter-Dongle-Freeview-Receiver/dp/B000OF1EJM

It come with an aerial, but believe you'd be able to connect it to a 'proper' aerial mounted on roof / in loft.

You then also have the option of recording TV to the hard disk of PC, plus the normal pause, rewind etc.

"THIS DOES NOT HAVE FACILITY TO CONNECT TO A HOME AERIAL."

You're on the right track though. find one of the same with a proper belling-lee aeriel socket and you should be fine :)