PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Green Cabinet

powerful_rogue
17-02-2010, 18:56
An artic lorry drove into the cabinet yesterday afternoon and ripped it off. The missus phoned the police as the lorry drove off without stopping. Police attended and tried to make it a bit safer by putting the cabinet back.

Checked our phone line and its dead as is the ladies next door.

My missus phoned VM up as I was away at work and despite explaining what had happened several times they still insisted it was a fault inside our house and booked an engineer to attend on Monday!

I phoned up today and after much explaining managed to get VM to listen. Will take upto 5 days for someone to come out and assess the damage! Great service considering the condition of the box (wires exposed) and probably the amount of people without a phone line!

Download Failed (1)

Download Failed (1)

Download Failed (1)

Kymmy
17-02-2010, 19:06
Moved to correct forum on OP's request

joglynne
17-02-2010, 23:46
Oh my goodness, what a mess. Looking at the the first of the photos it's a miracle that the lorry didn't go through the the wall and land on the houses below.

Callumpy
18-02-2010, 00:08
Wow! Eeeeek

Ben B
18-02-2010, 00:18
Eeek, contact the telephony newsgroup and ensure it has been noted down

Horace
19-02-2010, 07:58
I'm surprised VM aren't acting quicker, won't all those shorted cables be causing problems elsewhere on the network? Anyway, Looks like a hell of a job to sort that mess out, good luck OP.

Digital Fanatic
19-02-2010, 12:42
[QUOTE=powerful_rogue;34965422]An artic lorry drove into the cabinet yesterday afternoon and ripped it off. The missus phoned the police as the lorry drove off without stopping. Police attended and tried to make it a bit safer by putting the cabinet back.

Checked our phone line and its dead as is the ladies next door.

My missus phoned VM up as I was away at work and despite explaining what had happened several times they still insisted it was a fault inside our house and booked an engineer to attend on Monday!

I phoned up today and after much explaining managed to get VM to listen. Will take upto 5 days for someone to come out and assess the damage! Great service considering the condition of the box (wires exposed) and probably the amount of people without a phone line!

QUOTE]
This sort of damage will have set off a network alarm... have you still got loss of service powerful_rogue ?

calmpitbull
23-02-2010, 21:22
I would have let the tech come out, he would have passed it straight to networks and they would have been out straight away.

Saying that I am surprised that they aren't there already!

Fingy
24-02-2010, 09:09
If enough people report it then it will get flagged as an 'outage'.

jrhnewark
25-02-2010, 00:00
I don't know about an outage, I'd be on the phone to them shouting rather loudly that they should realise when something's f00bared!!

Turkey Machine
25-02-2010, 12:39
I don't know about an outage, I'd be on the phone to them shouting rather loudly that they should realise when something's f00bared!!

I hope that was deliberate irony in that statement. ;)

jrhnewark
25-02-2010, 14:12
I hope that was deliberate irony in that statement. ;)As I say, very loudly! ;)