PDA

View Full Version : VM Installation ...it begins

Ergon
17-02-2010, 09:33
I thought I'd make a thread and update it as the installation progresses!

I'm a new VM customer, sick to death of BT (ISP was Be Unlimited, who were actually pretty good), so when I moved into a new flat I decided to ditch BT and get VM 50Mb and phone.

Called up, sales was easy, booked me an engineer for two weeks later, cool.

I live in a ground floor flat.

Engineers turn up promptly and 8:30am this morning, try to find where the cables come into the flat, there is nothing but a BT line. They find the hole where the cable is supposed to come from the street into the block, that hole is empty and there is no cable. They tell me they have to call another person to pull the cable through, may possibly be today. Also there is no entry to send the cable into the flat, so they will have to drill through the wall. They would call their "TM" and he would call me within 30mins to arrange the "TM" to come round and have a look.

45mins and no phonecall as yet...

How long do I wait and then who do I call?

I will keep this thread updated!

fireman328
17-02-2010, 09:48
Dont hold your breath

Ergon
17-02-2010, 11:02
Soooo... hour and a half later I call VM, they said there have been no notes left on the account, and that someone will contact the engineers to find out what happened and they will call me back... this afternoon, maybe.

:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Just had a phonecall from the "guy that does the 50meg", I explained to him what happened, he said he will find out what's going on and call me, as he cannot install if they haven't put the cables in!

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Manager just arrived, said they are going to have to send an engineering team round to install the cables, and find out if it will be done "in the very near future", he doesn't know when, he will call them and they will call me to let me know.

Honestly, **** sake.

Ergon
17-02-2010, 13:04
Called VM to cancel... apparently engineer will be here by 1:30pm to install it? I said that I was told it couldn't be installed, she checked with the installation team and they said that someone is going to come to do the cabling...

...I doubt it but will wait.

Digital Fanatic
17-02-2010, 13:53
Called VM to cancel... apparently engineer will be here by 1:30pm to install it? I said that I was told it couldn't be installed, she checked with the installation team and they said that someone is going to come to do the cabling...

...I doubt it but will wait.

Sounds like theres a consruction issue causing a delay... can happen sometimes when a property hasn't had cable installed before.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

happened when I moved to my current home... was sorted and installed by 5pm... hope it gets sorted as quickly for you. :)

Ergon
17-02-2010, 14:00
So, no one has turned up, I call VM, again I'm on hold.

"Someone will be there within an hour".

I explained to him that three different VM engineers have come this morning saying it cannot be installed because there are no cables, everytime I call up to cancel I am told that it is ok and will be installed. Who is the person coming around and what will they be doing?

His response was "Well what do you want me to say?" cheeky F:mad:

:confused::mad::(

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

I have to say, at least the engineers are polite and straight with you.

Someone just turned up saying "I've been told that the building is unserviceable, but I will have another look". He explained to me why there could be confusion, as I live in a small block of flats, surrounded by houses.

Ergon
19-02-2010, 03:02
Well, it's cancelled.

Hilariously, the new phoneline I phoned BT up to cancel twice, still wasn't cancelled, so the BT engineer turned up the next day. I called my old ISP, Be, to uncancel my account and move it to my new flat (it had been less that an month since cancelling), they said no problem. Later I had an answering machine message saying they could not reverse the cancellation and that I would have to call up and make a new account the next day, and that all the notes are on the account so the sales person would know what to do, for the inconvenience they will give me one month free!

Fantastic.

Digital Fanatic
19-02-2010, 18:46
Well, it's cancelled.

Hilariously, the new phoneline I phoned BT up to cancel twice, still wasn't cancelled, so the BT engineer turned up the next day. I called my old ISP, Be, to uncancel my account and move it to my new flat (it had been less that an month since cancelling), they said no problem. Later I had an answering machine message saying they could not reverse the cancellation and that I would have to call up and make a new account the next day, and that all the notes are on the account so the sales person would know what to do, for the inconvenience they will give me one month free!

Fantastic.

They will mark the whole building as "unserviceable" now, so this doesn't happen again. Hope everthing goes ok with Be :)