PDA

View Full Version : Terrible service

beeman
15-02-2010, 19:29
On the 20th november my mother ordered VM services for her new house. XL tv (including v+), LBB and m Phone. We arranged the install for Monday 30th november.

On the friday before install she received a text message informing her that her install will bee taking place as planned on Wednesday 9th December. No appoligies for changing the date, asking if the date was suitable or even acknowledge the fact that the date was not the one agreed.

Come Wednesday 9th the engneer turns up at 6pm and gets on with the install, then informs us that there is a problem with the telephone and it will need a repull (though continues to install the TV and BB). He coulnt give a date for the repull neither could cus services.

After christmas my mum gets a call from VM telling her the repull is sceduled for 23rd January. 1 and a half months from the initial install, Though not happy begrudgingly accepts the delay because she is informed "construction work" is needed.

A couple of days before the repull i phone up to check the time of the repull (am or pm) and am told that it has been moved to 5th Febuary (nobody thought to tell my mum) due to problems with "planning permissions". I am informed someone will need to bee at the propety etc, unfortunatly that date she was working so had arranged for her elderlly father to house sit.

When she gets home from work at 5:30 she is told by her father that nobody had called round. With no house phone and his mobile getting no signal this was the first we knew of this. When my sister came round she noticed a bundle of wire outside the house, so we picked up the phone and low and behold we had a dial time. Seems like they managed todo the repull after all. There was a problem however, the phone number we had was different to that we were told we would get on the 9th of december by the original installer. As it turns out there was NO construction work done, all they done was pull a new wire from the sweep T outside the house and run it accross the garden. So the construction holdup AND the planning permission exuse were simply lies As neither of these were needed.

On wednesday my mum desovers her newly working phone is dead again, so calls it from her mobile only to have someone on the other end of the line. apparently their phone had gone dead on the firday and they've just had it fixed.

Friday the 12th i phone up CS to get an engneer to finally fix the issue. After battelling to bee understood by the indian call center im finally told that i can have an engneer out either saturday or monday morning. I booked monday (as this is my mums day off work). Come 11:30 noone has shown up i get her to call up. She is told that there is no record of my call on the friday and no engneer will bee comming, they promise to call her back this evening. Its now half 5 and as yet no call (im not holding up much hope). To add insult in injury we have just descovered that she has been paying for the phone line scince 9th december.

I would greatly appreciate some help from higher contacts to sourt this out as the normal channels have proved to bee usless.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

And now for another twist to the story. Ive just got back to MY home (different house to my mum) and ive got a "sorry you were out" card from VM. It appears the CS agent booked the engeneer on my account instead of my mums. Even though i never passed the DPA questions for my account.

I can only think when the lady took my mobile number to call me back with it linked the whole query to my accouont ruther then my mums (as my mobile number is the registered contact number for my account). now the funny thing is i also have a fault with my phoneline (scince september) but havent bothered to get it fixed as i never use it, however they have fixed my phone :S confusing i know.... so now i guess ive gotta fight to ensure i dont get a £15 no show charge.

jungleguy
15-02-2010, 22:39
Sorry to hear that.
A cable re-pull can be done with no-body at home.
Was this a brand new home?

beeman
15-02-2010, 23:17
No its a 1970's bungalow. It had been installed by the previous occupant but apparently the telephone cable was damaged and needed repulling (though the main coax was fine).

What i suspect happed (on the 5th) was following the repull they connected the phone to the wrong socket in the street cab, giving my mum a neighbours phone connection,disconnecting them in the process. when they came to fix there connection they simply unplugged my mums cable ruther then trying to findout where it should have been.

I really just need someone to come along and plug her cable into the right socket in the cab. However after 2 and a half months with todays noshow (well as it turns out they did show but at the wrong address) shes fuming.

jungleguy
15-02-2010, 23:31
Hmm there are normally 2 phone lines on one drop cable. If one is damaged they can use the other.