PDA

View Full Version : 1471 and 1571 together

shooey
13-02-2010, 13:51
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I have the free 1571 service enabled, and I'm perfectly happy with it... except, when people hangup without leaving a message, the id of the caller is not recorded on 1471, which is incredibly annoying! I'm sure it's not like this for non-cable phones. So...

- can anyone suggest any workarounds? I realise I could get my own answerphone, but would prefer not to do this, as it means having yet another device plugged in all time.

- if I had caller id enabled (assuming it's available in ST1?) would I at least be able to see who was calling if I managed to look at the phone before the voicemail kicked in?

Thanks

Digital Fanatic
13-02-2010, 14:22
You've answered your own question :)

Get caller display which will keep a record of all calls

or

get your own answerphone.

I don't know whether it works the same on BT?

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

From BT:

Does BT 1471 (Caller Return) update when a call is answered by BT Answer 1571?
BT 1471 will update in the normal way if:

BT Answer 1571 picks up the call when there is no reply
you have Call Waiting active and are engaged on a call but choose not to take the second call
However, please note that 1471 will not update if a call switches to BT Answer 1571 when the line is busy.

Paul
13-02-2010, 15:30
In most cases I would image VM is the same - afaik, their digital exchanges are basically the same technology.

m419
13-02-2010, 22:07
In the ex-NTL areas the advanced voicemail service reads out the telephone number of every message left. Plus allows up to 30 messages to be saved and has much better options than the Telewest advanced voicemail.