PDA

View Full Version : Giving up with Virgin after over 12 Years

Gavin
09-02-2010, 11:52
Finally had enough lies / promises and half witted lazy engineers off them..:mad:

We have had 5 engineers out now to do a repull as the cable is snapped , and are still waiting for it to be fixed.

This started in November las year, we where lucky enough to get an engineer to splice the cable where it was broken to run a cable across the front lawn to the house so that at least we had a phone over Xmas.

But since then we have had nothing but trouble, even to the extent of an engineer asking why the hell we had a cable running across our lawn. I told him we are waiting for him to fix it. He didnt!

We have had 2 men crews round, they cant dig a hole in the side of the road, single engineers that say they cant do anything.

Our account manager wont return calls, We have spoken to head engineers who have said that all the visits we have had had been signed off as complete, and no-one had asked for a repull. We have been told that the repull has to be booked by an engineer while he is onsite and cannot be done otherwise. We have booked a repull from cancelations.

After being with the company for over 12 years we have finally had enough. I have so far taken 3 days off work, my children have had to join a library to do thier homework (when all the snow was down) because the internet wont work especially during the day / evenings (you can normally browse the internet after about 23:00) . I cant do any support work from home as the internet is needed. All Virgin can say is they will refund the money when its fixed :confused: why are they takeing it in the first place as its not working ?

Had enough of them. (looks like Sky here we come)

Sorry for the rant guys

Gavin

Chris
09-02-2010, 11:58
Hope that helped ... :p:

:welcome: to the forum anyway. Have you actually cancelled, or are you willing to give them one last try? We have someone we can contact who's quite high up in the company, they're usually very good at stepping in where the normal processes have failed. If you want to give them one last shot, we could get you in touch with them?

Gavin
09-02-2010, 12:03
Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply

No we havent cancelled yet....

Looking at deals sky are offering and such.

We thought we already had someone that was going to look after it for us, but yesterday they couldnt even get anyone to speak to us. They are supposed to be calling back today (my wife hasnt called me yet so i guess they havent called yet)

this is really given me high blood pressure now :mad:

Gavin
Hope that helped ... :p:

:welcome: to the forum anyway. Have you actually cancelled, or are you willing to give them one last try? We have someone we can contact who's quite high up in the company, they're usually very good at stepping in where the normal processes have failed. If you want to give them one last shot, we could get you in touch with them?

Russ
09-02-2010, 12:09
Send Chris a PM with your name and a contact number and we'll pass it on to someone in VM who will get things moving for you :)

MovedGoalPosts
09-02-2010, 12:09
Gavin, Cable Forum does have some high level contacts at Virgin Media who have proven good at banging heads and troubleshooting when normal routes have failed. They aren't front line so things aren't immediate. If you want Cable Forum to get these guys involved, please PM me some basic details - Customer Name, Address, daytime phone number.

Gavin
09-02-2010, 12:54
PM sent to Chriss

Have to say it was worth the yellow card , just to get it off my chest :P

thanks guys

Gavin

Chris
09-02-2010, 13:05
I've sent an email to our contact. They're normally pretty swift, but let us know what happens anyway. :)

Digital Fanatic
09-02-2010, 13:11
Hope it gets sorted Gavin... please post back and let us know what happens.

Gavin
09-02-2010, 13:25
Thanks Chris

I will let you all know how it goes..

Ive got a feeling this may get to be a long post lol

Gavin

Gavin
09-02-2010, 17:45
Hi all

If anyone wants to comment on my modem signal :

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 4
Upstream Frequency : 37500000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 49.5 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 191
Downstream Frequency : 339000000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 5360.537 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps32Increment4
Downstream Receive Power Level : -5.7 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 38.8 dB

the modem has reset 3 times while getting these values lol

Gavin

Gavin
10-02-2010, 16:24
Hi all

Just a quick update....

Ive had phone calls back from the contacts that you have put me in touch with from this forum...

Hopefully things will start moving now.

Thanks again all

Gavin

Raistlin
10-02-2010, 17:39
Hope so :tu:

Please do remember to keep us updated on any progress so we know how you're getting on :)

Gavin
17-02-2010, 14:28
Just to kepp you updated.

I have spoken a couple of times to the Contact this forum put me in touch with. The latest is the Dig should be 24th this month, but they are trying to bring this date forward.

Hopefully the cable pull will be done on the same date as the dig.

gavin

Digital Fanatic
19-02-2010, 18:52
Good... glad it seems to be getting sorted for you :tu: :)

Gavin
20-02-2010, 07:59
Good... glad it seems to be getting sorted for you :tu: :)

Actually yes things finally seem to be moving well. My wife phone me yesterday at work and said the hole was being dug :)
2 months after the initial engineer reported it, but just over 2 weeks since this forum has started helping , thanks guys.

Gavin

Sirius
20-02-2010, 08:32
Actually yes things finally seem to be moving well. My wife phone me yesterday at work and said the hole was being dug :)
2 months after the initial engineer reported it, but just over 2 weeks since this forum has started helping , thanks guys.

Gavin

Thats good news to hear. :tu:

Gavin
25-02-2010, 23:04
Finally back up and running

Its great to have 24 hr connections back after 3 months , re-pull was done on 24th Feb

thanks for all your help here :)

gavin

Digital Fanatic
26-02-2010, 01:28
Finally back up and running

Its great to have 24 hr connections back after 3 months , re-pull was done on 24th Feb

thanks for all your help here :)

gavin

Good to hear Gavin, thanks for updating the forum :tu:

Chris
26-02-2010, 12:55
Result. :)

saabmania2
26-02-2010, 17:48
another successful fix by the forum team :-) without you guys VM would be a couple of hundred customers short by now.
great work guys (should get paid for it!!)

sniper007
26-02-2010, 17:57
Great thread :) Nice to see a happy ending.

Bluffdemon
26-02-2010, 18:02
Great thread :) Nice to see a happy ending.

yeah i have to post the same thing , great thread and i am happy you were able to get the help you needed in getting the problem sorted .:D

Gavin
26-02-2010, 23:15
Update :)

Ok internet still 100% :)

just to fill you in on more of the story...

sit comfy :P

well about 7 yrs ago we moved the tv box into my daughters bedroom , yes drilled the ceiling as well (now thats a funny one, dammed if i knew at the time how thick a girder was, and yep 1" and i would have missed it, but no my luck i drilled right through lmao doh)

ahh where was i ah yea , cable guy said the cable was no good ? , worked for years , but i disconnected the connection to upstairs for 24hrs just to make sure that internet was working 24/7 it IS and finally 6 hours ago plugged the tv cable box upstairs back into me daughters room and that is working as well :)

the best thing now is i can e-mail virgin (oh feck i spelt it right lol) and try and get them to sort my account out now :)

i have read a lot of threads in this forum with people jumping on Virgin for very small hickups, and (held me tongue) i have to say some people should be shot, just because they get put out once, or even twice. Take a look at sky forums for example, you will see the same arguments/support problems.

Thank you for your support here

Thank you @Virgin support (contacts from here, they knows who :P )

Thank you Virgin Engineers (2 out of the 6 that visited)

thanks to my kids , they have finally stopped screaming at me for the internet lol

cheers guys

Gavin

jakaris
28-02-2010, 02:17
Ive been impressed by the way gavin's been helped by you guys
I wonder could you help me with getting virgin media /ntl I have outside my house on the grass verge a ntl junction box and on the foot of my wall a ntl like cover. Thats all good but I put my post code in there website and have been in touch with them and am getting nowhere any help would do........ regards jakaris

Paul K
28-02-2010, 09:49
Best thing to do is start a new thread, you need to get the spotter team involved and if the duct actually has service is in they can sort it, if not you may have to wait.

Peter_
28-02-2010, 11:51
Ive been impressed by the way gavin's been helped by you guys
I wonder could you help me with getting virgin media /ntl I have outside my house on the grass verge a ntl junction box and on the foot of my wall a ntl like cover. Thats all good but I put my post code in there website and have been in touch with them and am getting nowhere any help would do........ regards jakaris
Try this Unserviceable leads enquiry form. (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/unserviceableLeads.html)

PedroStephano
08-03-2010, 22:26
Result!!! - I'm impressed at the action this forum was able to help Gavin with.
And I'm also impressed at Gavin's initial rant - 9/10.