PDA

View Full Version : Installation Query

cabletel
07-02-2010, 16:02
Guys, quick query regarding installations. My parents are interested in getting cable in but not sure whether or not they can recieve services.

The VM website does state that the address can recieve full cable services however i remember that when i was living at home and Cabletel were first expanding here in Belfast that my parents did not give permission for the garden to be dug up for the cable to be run to the house as such theres no grey cable cover on the wall however there are boxes on other houses in the street (including next door) and there are CATV covers on the street, do any of you know if it would be possible to get services?

Not sure how they'd run the cable to the house without having to dig up the front garden which i doubt they'd be willing to do these days. Any advice would be much appreciated.

piggo68
07-02-2010, 16:19
They will normally send a 2 man crew to pull anew cable to the property, and do the equipment install, they should bury the cable in conduit , under the lawn, or run it along a wall. They wont hovever, pull up paved driveways, but usually they will Kango tarmac and repair the drive before leaving...

Digital Fanatic
08-02-2010, 23:10
you should be ok... the street is cabled, just never been installed at the address... will just take a little longer to install on the day. :)