PDA

View Full Version : Over 2 month wait for installation & poor customer service

lomax_brothers
01-02-2010, 13:44
Hi,
I just wanted to share my experience so that people would think twice before going with Virgin. We've been BT customers for a while now but because of a very slow connection due to being at the end of a phone line, we decided to switch to Virgin broadband just before xmas.
We registered online, and although the proposed date was very far away (30th of January), we decided to proceed. Note that both my wife and I work during the week, so Saturdays really are the only option for us. We made sure that said Saturday morning was free, and on the said date sat at home waiting for the technicians to arrive. And waited. And waited. And waited some more. As it was getting late, I gave a phone call to Virgin Media and was informed my installation had been canceled because of "overbooking", and that they had tried to phone me the previous day (although my phone was on all day and I haven't got any missed calls....)!!! How on earth could something booked over a month in advance suddenly become "overboooked" the day just before is a mystery! How could a company the size of Virgin Media not have the infrastructure to deal with this?? And why didn't they do anything in the power to get in touch with me? They're very good at sending letters to set up direct debits, not at sending letters to tell you that your customer experience was going to be affected.
It doesn't end there. I am then told the new installation date, was the 24th of February. That is a Wednesday. I then ask about the next available Saturday. I am told end of March or June at the earliest!!?? Now...imagine one of these dates becomes accidentally overbooked once again... I might have Virgin Media installed by 2020! After speaking to various people, I am told my file is being transfered to someone based in my area who would sort out something earlier for me and call me back. Fine. Except I never got the call back! I just phoned up again and was told there was nothing in my file saying that and that I was penciled in for the 24th!
VIRGIN MEDIA, YOU NEED TO SORT YOUR ACT OUT!!!!!!