PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Installation - No Show and still no service

rust_81
19-01-2010, 19:02
I ordered Virgin BB, TV and Phone line on 22nd Decemeber and was told that I would have to wait until the 18th January for installation. On 14th January Virgin text me to confirm that the appointment for the 18th January was still on, which I confirmed to them

So yesterday I waited at home all day for the Virgin team to come round to install our new service. I even booked the day off as holiday so that I would be there in case they came early. By 4pm no-one had turned up, so I called the Installation/Customer Service team to ask if someone was on their way. I was then told that the appointment had been cancelled and moved to 19th February instead!!! I immediatley complained and asked why this was. The lady was unable to tell me why the appointment had been cancelled as the System has no notes added. All she could tell me was that it was cancelled on the 16th. I asked to escalate the issue to a Manager and was told that someone would call me back in 20 minutes. I am still waiting for this call........

I have since called Customer Service 3 times but no-one is able to tell me when my service will be installed. I am told that I have to wait for the Installations team to call me - but no-one knows when this will be!!!

I am adamant that I will not wait until 19th February as that will be 2 months since I originally ordered it! What can I do??? Do I go with Sky and ask them to get me up and running and tell Virgin to go jump, if and when they decide to call me back.

Help please!

sacoban
31-01-2010, 23:43
Getting virgin installed or transfered to new place is such a grief.I advise you go for Sky, or anyother company, except BT. Based on my experience,Bt is worst than Virgin.

ldcfour
06-02-2010, 22:32
Came across your post through a google search.

I'm on to my 4th re-schedule with Virgin, I've been lied to countless times by their staff. Shocking attitude and service for a company of that size.

No-one seems to have a clue to anything you ask them about. I really do mean that.

On my second (may have been third reschedule) I had one of their workers call up rather sheepishly, apologising saying they'll be here (6th of Feb) before 10am for my install and would wave the install fee, fair enough I'm skint with buying my first home, so could do saving a wee bit of cash.

Got a letter confirming it, but with the time of 1-6pm, phoned up just to make sure it was a typo, "No sir, between 1 and 6" What about the waving of the install fee that I was told about ? "No there's no note of that" :mad:

After much raised chat, they waved it but the time scale remained the same.

Anyway back to today and a no show again. Back on the phone "No, we phoned you to say it was cancelled for today", hilarious as on the friday morning one of their employees called to confirm they'd be over to complete the install. "Oh but we phoned you to say it was cancelled", two lie's in one call, a new best for them. There was one call to myself and it was confirming an engineer would be over on Saturday as promised. Another of their call centre staff using tehre imagination instead of doing their job properly.

Simialr reschedule date for myself as well the 18th of Feb, I don't plan on taking it.

fireman328
07-02-2010, 20:35
If I were you I would take the sky option, and write to VM what has happened to you

Stuart
07-02-2010, 21:26
Guys, if you PM me with your real names, postal addresses, account numbers and contact telephone numbers, I can refer these cases to the site's contacts within VM..

Joe_Curry
22-02-2010, 11:30
As virgin have missed an appointment, arent you eligible for a payment?

Handfom
26-02-2010, 11:34
I am reading this forum with sinking heart. Having been repeatedly told that my case was unusual, what I am reading bears a sickening similarity to my case.

Admin edit - seeing as you've now posted this in its own thread. Please don't duplicate yourself, it confuses people. ;)